RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scooby3051

Sunshine Coast decimated by scratchings

Truly bizarre---why accept if you are going to scratch on a surface that is supposedly stable.  Some sort of "protest" action in play? Too many jockeys partying together and now positive?( does seem to be just a small group of jocks that have all the mounts)

This was the Gold Coast meeting that was originally to be held on a wet grass track on Saturday. In Australia they do everything possible to run a meeting, hence moving it to the AWT. Obviously most horses who accepted for a heavy grass track didn't fancy an AWT.  In NZ if a meeting is abandoned they just say oh well, all good, a bit of stakes money saved. Very little enthusiasm for rerunning any abandoned meetings here.

46 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

This was the Gold Coast meeting that was originally to be held on a wet grass track on Saturday. In Australia they do everything possible to run a meeting, hence moving it to the AWT. Obviously most horses who accepted for a heavy grass track didn't fancy an AWT.  In NZ if a meeting is abandoned they just say oh well, all good, a bit of stakes money saved. Very little enthusiasm for rerunning any abandoned meetings here.

I think If I had a horse running on a wet turf track then they switched to Poly, I would be doing what there doing SCRATHING!

40 minutes ago, NextPlease said:

Poll:

Will a polytack/synthetic track winner ever win a Group 1 race in NZ?

$1.01 for NO.

Sunline won a Paeroa, Verry Elegant won at Ruakaka anything can happen, and what are you saying about the Polly and what difference dose it make if a Group 1 winner doesn't win on polly??? 

41 minutes ago, NextPlease said:

Poll:

Will a polytack/synthetic track winner ever win a Group 1 race in NZ?

$1.01 for NO.

I will take the $1.01

It may of already happened.

Myself I like betting on the Synthetic. I know there will be consistency in the going , no sticky ,puggy loose descriptions are needed. Times mean something .They won't suit all horses but neither does knee deep mud or staying in the box when a meeting is abandoned.

I would rather watch a race on synthetic than a horse knee deep in mud, on the outside rail with silks that you can't see the colour of. The synthetics are here to stay you may as get used to it.

7 hours ago, TurnyTom said:

Synthetics simply not warmed to in Aussie, they have lifted a few and the top stables generally steer clear

Maher/Eustace, Price/Kent, Moody, Freedmans, Hayes REGULARLY race their horses on Synthetic tracks. Even Chris Waller has raced a few from his Melbourne stables and the Godolphin Blue army can be spotted through the kick back now and then 😉

Check out the fields for Pakenham Synthetic this Thursday. All the prominent VIC stables are well represented with runners.

2 hours ago, EsquireNZ said:

Maher/Eustace, Price/Kent, Moody, Freedmans, Hayes REGULARLY race their horses on Synthetic tracks. Even Chris Waller has raced a few from his Melbourne stables and the Godolphin Blue army can be spotted through the kick back now and then 😉

Check out the fields for Pakenham Synthetic this Thursday. All the prominent VIC stables are well represented with runners.

They send a certain level of horse, relative to stable numbers they generally steer clear, they are not avid fans from what I read on Aussie racing websites

TurnyTom you are correct. I race a 2yo with Maher/Eustace and they have

previously scratched him from trials,  which were transferred from grass to synthetic. They don't like racing certain horses on synthetic