RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
pole

Rotorua

Apart from the fact that the management of these tracks is abysmal, and everyone involved should take a knee, the real issue is the track structure. If you have bad track management, and every increasing health and safety and animal rights pressures, then you've got to start looking at the originating flaw. Our tracks should not have a bend just as horses need to be accelerating. We need to have straights of at least 800m. or bends that are soft enough to set up a 600m straight. If you have horses accelerating on bad racing surfaces, with inexperienced or people who don't properly keep horses balance when accelerating going around bends, then you will have problems. It's actually that simple.

13 hours ago, Black Kirrama said:

Gub....no official  Judicial attached to the Arawa Park web site.

Horrific falls at Arawa Park .

I drove  Tony Williams , J F Grylls  and Earl Harrison  and maybe Johnny Hayes to a race day at Arawa Park.

Gub what was the date of Tony's fall ??? February 1986 ??)

I was on the Judicial ,side on Video camera and videod the fall.

I had video Tape rights to  many Waikato and Counties courses.

And Judicial contracts.as I did at the  Rotorua Races.

There was that calamity race fall on a slippery surface at Arawa Park  and Tony Williams  never walked again and spent nearly 3 decades in a wheel chair.
His beautiful wife Jenny never flinched.

I never showed the VHS copy of Tony William's race fall video  after the Judicial viewing.

Tony saw the race repay of his Rotorua fall just  once at his Conifer Grove [property .

He said {" "I will be back riding  Revy, just a matter of time but I need a new piss bag tonight " and laughed .

The Tony Williams laugh.

I fell in the race with all those jockeys. From what I remember track was ok and from my memory we kept racing?

Didn't the lead horse break his shoulder and brought TG down with the rest of us going over top of each other.

I spent most nights having a drink with TG at his house and he had the video of the fall that we watched a couple of times.

Rotorua is a tight track and can be a little bit false going but in my opinion not Dangerous !

This is being proactive..or at least looking like it....

Track inspection changes to be implemented after anger over late Ipswich abandonment

Racing Queensland has listened to calls to improve its raceday abandonment procedure after the Ipswich track debacle on Wednesday.

Trenton Aker

Racing officials will inspect the Ipswich track the day before any meeting until a renovation is completed later this year.

Racing Queensland will ensure horses are galloped over the Ipswich track the day before a meeting in future following the late abandonment of Wednesday’s Ipswich card, which was labelled a “disgrace” by the state’s premier trainer.

Tempers reached boiling point on Wednesday after stewards made the call to cancel the meeting less than an hour before the first race, despite the track being rated a Soft 5.

Acknowledging Tony Gollan’s call to “take human error out of the equation”, Racing Queensland says it will now inspect Ipswich a day earlier than usual.

“Going forward, they have a race meeting next Friday, so on the Thursday we will put a couple of horses over it,” Racing Queensland executive general manager Adam Wallish said.

“We will have their track staff there, along with QRIC and some representatives from the (Australian Trainers Association) and (Queensland Jockeys Association)

“If the weather is coming, we will do it again on the Friday morning.

“It will give us a much better indication by having some horses go over it.

“Unfortunately it has cost people a lot of time and money, so our raceday abandonment procedure will kick in and we will review that with QRIC now so we don’t find ourselves in these circumstances again.

“We have heard what they’ve said and it is the right thing to do going forward.”

Further to the changes, Wallish said Ipswich would be renovated in September in an attempt to fix the ongoing problems at the track.

“We are taking the track out for renovation pretty much all of September,” he said.

“It didn’t get a renovation this year, then we have had the weather we have had, which hasn’t helped the situation.

“We will take it offline, do a proper reno there, they will fix the chutes up when we are there.

“We will have a look at this problem area while we are there doing the problem area too.”

It comes as the Brisbane Racing Club ruled out any possibility of moving Saturday’s Doomben meeting across the road to Eagle Farm due to wet weather.

After carrying a heavy workload during the winter, Eagle Farm is on a tight maintenance schedule heading into spring and would be unsuitable to race this weekend.

21 hours ago, DICKSON CIDER said:

Was a track inspection done yesterday by the stipes. if not why not ?

Well who's responsible for producing  a track fit for racing the RIU No, the Stipes No, The Racing club yes. You can point the finger a who ever you thing has the say to abandoned a meeting but when a track is produced like yesterday the Club should of called it off simply that with recent racing the track has not recovered sufficiently to have that meeting.  It's up to the track manager to inform his club of any issues relating to the track for upcoming meetings any time of the year and if the club doesn't act on those then the responsibility belongs to them. 

6 hours ago, Contentious said:

yep - just like NPC rugby, Ranfurly shield, NZ cricket - thank heavens we are still able to record and watch Shortland Street 😒

Nothing positive about the course and facilities at Arawa Park.

So what changed in the last 24 hours to make the track unsafe ??- Basically Nothing. The weather was fine and calm  with no rain, - So when a Club has its monthly Meeting -No one checks the track a day before or two - Really  ????? -  this is the level of incompetenece in this industry. You guys think its all acceptable - I think its A JOKE I know of no industry where the job is cancelled on the day because no one bothered to check everything was in place the day before. But in the monopoly that is NZ Racing that is all acceptable and no penalty

so  if we close rotorua  it  leave  te aroha n  te rapa for jumping and we all know peoples thoughts of that track of late  we  suppose be known  for wet track  runners n jumpers   how long before we ain't known for anything bar breeding 

4 hours ago, mr_gee said:

so  if we close rotorua  it  leave  te aroha n  te rapa for jumping and we all know peoples thoughts of that track of late  we  suppose be known  for wet track  runners n jumpers   how long before we ain't known for anything bar breeding 

Except we won't have much proven to breed from.

Why not let the track managers do their job and stop dictating to them what needs to be done. They know their job unlike the suits doing the dictating.

If they fail they are gone....same should be said for the ones making the the decisions from above ( but they dont fail apparently )

10 minutes ago, napier said:

Why not let the track managers do their job and stop dictating to them what needs to be done. They know their job unlike the suits doing the dictating.

If they fail they are gone....same should be said for the ones making the the decisions from above ( but they dont fail apparently )

I agree with you 100%.

Bruce Sharrock (already) seems to be tarred with the same brush as his predecessors ever since but not included Alan Fenwick. 

Sorry Bruce but that was a load of rhetoric otherwise know as waffle or crap explaining how you as a man in charge (suit) was going to fix the current, but like your predecessors can’t, because we no longer have the number of tracks at our disposable to cover our weather conditions. 

Only when you realise that the dates that were in place 30 years ago based on the climate of the various areas was the only one that worked, will be, when sanity will prevail. 

NZ Cup Carnival in November. 

Auckland Cup/Derby across Christmas/New Year

Wellington Cup Carnival Mid to late January. 

Great Northerns Queens Birthday (Bum sorry the hill is sold) etc  

Do you think they will change the Caulfield/Melbourne Cup dates? As my Nana would say....not on your nelly!

1 hour ago, Baz (NZ) said:

Screenshot 2022-07-25 at 19-21-15 Rotorua abandonment - kotarechief@gmail.com - Gmail.png

Maybe a mention of the Hawera abandoment should have been referrenced.  That hurt too as abandoned 30 mins before first race.  Otherwise this statement should be taken in spirit it is meant and lets hope its a line in the sand.

22 hours ago, shaneMcAlister said:

Maybe a mention of the Hawera abandonment should have been referrenced.  That hurt too as abandoned 30 mins before first race.  Otherwise this statement should be taken in spirit it is meant and lets hope its a line in the sand.

Yep it's worse when costs are incurred on top of abandonment's which could otherwise be averted.
I had one nominated at Woodville 14 July ABANDONED.! Nominated again Otaki 30 July ABANDONED !
Now been in the paddock for over month!
It's difficult trying to get them race fit for Heavy 10 track conditions and up-comng targets when these abandonment's puts your program back 6 weeks! 🙈

On 7/24/2022 at 10:15 AM, Contentious said:

yep - just like NPC rugby, Ranfurly shield, NZ cricket - thank heavens we are still able to record and watch Shortland Street 😒

So true Contentious, we got Lydia though but our stupid sports reporters never support our greatest golfer. Got 3rd this week, not a mention on TV 1 sports that night grrrr .. coz it's not bloody rugby