RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
pole

Rotorua

So another meeting lost surely someone somewhere should have known this issue and either called the meeting off yesterday or moved the rail...once again the people who put on the show the owners are going to pick up the tab again and once again get shafted...when is somebody going to be held to account...its a joke...a circus.

12 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

we need more tracks not less totally disagree with you sorry.

Why do we need more tracks? In the Rotorua area we have Matamata, Tauranga, Taupo, Cambridge and Te Rapa.

I thought I was the moaner and was in the wrong game Scooby

Perhaps one of the jockeys had a sore throat so they pulled the plug.

There was no rain last night or maybe they expected the winter track to be a firm

It is pumiced based so should drain reasonably

1. Do the jockeys get paid for their booked rides if cancelled on the day . ?  Has this always been the case ?

This is probably the first issue -  I work as a contractor -  I dont work I dont get paid regardless of other factors

They should hire 50 traffic cone guys to put orange cones around the bad parts of the track ,then they can spend the meeting on their phones  - they work about as hard as jockeys these days

15 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

I have seen footage of the track Mulebacker...it could not race as it was today yesterday or earlier this week.

Problem seemed a pretty serious one and someone should be asking why something wasn’t done earlier, or stewards notified.

Just looks like plain incompetence looking at it.

Well the NZTR says the riders engagement fee is $80 and the flat riding fee is $160

Do they still get the engagement fee  if the meeting is abandoned ?

It would be intersting to see the senior jocks pull the plug in a a big meet when they were on live mounts  in the big stakes races

I bet they would  be much more reluctant to pull the plug. 

It is becomes a farce much like trackside

I do love them getting thad from the the TAB to report on the div moves before each start - What an utter red herring this is

Couldnt like get in some more relevent info that might actually have a bearing on the outcome .then the price moves Then again At least it lifts the winners price

1 hour ago, mulebacker said:

Well the NZTR says the riders engagement fee is $80 and the flat riding fee is $160

Do they still get the engagement fee  if the meeting is abandoned ?

It would be intersting to see the senior jocks pull the plug in a a big meet when they were on live mounts  in the big stakes races

I bet they would  be much more reluctant to pull the plug. 

It is becomes a farce much like trackside

I do love them getting thad from the the TAB to report on the div moves before each start - What an utter red herring this is

Couldnt like get in some more relevent info that might actually have a bearing on the outcome .then the price moves Then again At least it lifts the winners price

Like I said when a meeting is abandoned jockeys get nothing.

Engagement fee is paid when a horse is scratched.

mulebacker there have been a number of horrific falls at Rotorua over the years. Jockey safety is paramount. Your criticism of jockeys is in bad taste. FYI just about every jockey in the north have ridden horses I have shares in. I can’t fault any of their rides. 

Gub....no official  Judicial attached to the Arawa Park web site.

Horrific falls at Arawa Park .

I drove  Tony Williams , J F Grylls  and Earl Harrison  and maybe Johnny Hayes to a race day at Arawa Park.

Gub what was the date of Tony's fall ??? February 1986 ??)

I was on the Judicial ,side on Video camera and videod the fall.

I had video Tape rights to  many Waikato and Counties courses.

And Judicial contracts.as I did at the  Rotorua Races.

There was that calamity race fall on a slippery surface at Arawa Park  and Tony Williams  never walked again and spent nearly 3 decades in a wheel chair.
His beautiful wife Jenny never flinched.

I never showed the VHS copy of Tony William's race fall video  after the Judicial viewing.

Tony saw the race repay of his Rotorua fall just  once at his Conifer Grove [property .

He said {" "I will be back riding  Revy, just a matter of time but I need a new piss bag tonight " and laughed .

The Tony Williams laugh.

7 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

I have seen footage of the track Mulebacker...it could not race as it was today yesterday or earlier this week.

Then why not transfer to AWT Wednesday and again open up nominations 

1 hour ago, Palliser said:

So many questions, and like always no answers. Racing in this country needs a bloody Magician to sort it out. It's basically fuked, and getting worse. I can't think of anything positive to say 😣

The statement on Loveracing is bland to say the least.

"The state of the track" - it was a Heavy 10 admittedly but there'd been no rain for 48 hours at least.

Did some riders and trainers go out and have a look, advise the stewards there were problems after which the stewards held an inspection and decided the meeting couldn't go ahead?

Did the Clerk advise the stewards the course was unraceable?

As to why the track had deteriorated so sharply since declarations, that's the key question. Any track can suffer from fog, high winds or even unforecast rain and I've every sympathy when that happens but if you get to 48 hours out, you either know the track is raceable or it isn't. If there's any doubt (at least in the UK), an inspection is called for roughly 48 hours before the first race ti keep everyone informed.

That to this observer from 13,000 miles away seems to be the problem - the pre-raceday information seems lacking sometimes from some clubs.

Rev the date of that fall at Rotorua was the 14/1/84. In a 15 horse field 8 runners fell- Barry Al- Danny Southworth, Blagdan- Tony Williams, Highland Knight- Earl Harrison, Sam- Bob Vance, Cattivo- Garry Edge, Liqueeno- Dean Margison, Maura- Lance O’Sullivan, Ocean Bid- David Peake. Garry Edge told me recently that he was very lucky- landed on his bum and was not injured. In another fall in the 70’s  a very good apprentice Mike Sullivan from Tauranga also had a career ending fall at Rotorua.