RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rosemary telephone operator

Crusaders $4.50 to win the Super 14

That seems rather generous doesn't it?

McCaw is set to sit out the first 2-3 games, but thats it.

They have an endless supply of powerhouse tightforwards from which to choose from, Carter is back, they've retained the classy Jared Payne and they've skillfully acquired Guildford and Fruean.

Unless they suffer a horrendous string of injuries, I really can't see that $4.50 being bettered all season.

Hurricanes are at $6......thats a few dollars short of where they should be.

They have an endless supply of powerhouse tightforwards from which to choose from, Carter is back, they've retained the classy Jared Payne and they've skillfully acquired Guildford and Fruean.

Unless they suffer a horrendous string of injuries, I really can't see that $4.50 being bettered all season.

I'm picking the SA teams will play similar tactics to The Boks when they played The AB's....and that might negate the NZ teams backlines a bit

Hardly generous considering the depth of teams in this even competition.

Lets analyse this shall we.

I'm willing to say that the Crusaders are the surest thing since the last surest thing.

Why? Because the depth of their squad compared to the lack of depth in most of the other teams.

Look at the forwards they have to choose from....especially in the engine room.

The Franks brothers, Wyatt Crockett and Peter Borlase would romp into most, if not all, of the other squads. Corey Flynn will be there next year. Their locks....Ross,Thorn, Chris Jack,Whitelock. Loosies...Thomas Waldrom,McCaw,Read, Whitelock....and a couple of others.

The only other team in the comp that can compete with that pack are the Bulls.....but they don't have the front-rowers that the Crusaders have.

But it is the backs that you will see the biggest difference in the Crusaders of 2010, compared to this year.

Having Carter back will spark what was a rather impotent attacking unit this year.Throw in the likes of Guildford and Fruean, plus all the others that will build on the confidence of having a season under their belt, plus playing outside Carter, and there's your lay down misere spelt out in one.

As I said, you won't see $4.50 bettered again.

Will fruean make the team? I hope not for your $4.50 sake.

I guess they are decent odds but would prefer that in the Npc.

They have options at centre, no doubt about that, but I think he'll thrive down there playing outside Carter.

Who knows, they may decide to play him at 2nd five, as his distribution skills certainly are a tad lacking for a centre......and we all know that you don't need to be a good passer to play 2nd five.......boom boom.

I guess when it comes to analysing Union CT your in the ball park.

So the Crusaders it is, along with the Canes, in the Super 14, into 2 options in the NRL, into 2 options in the AFL, multied up, or are they RELATED :D

BTW the Crusaders are $5-50 now that's a LUXury ;)

And the Canes @ 9s now thats a great SPORTSbet.

Ho Ho Ho Santa's come early.

And the Canes @ 9s now thats a great SPORTSbet.

The NZ TAB could have the Canes at $1 and they know that people will still back them......such is their loyal fanbase from within the region....like Jezza ( Taranaki ), Rooboy ( Manawatu ) and Onthenose ( Hawkes Bay ).

Yep...the fans from the smaller, inconsequential unions love travelling down to Wgtn to support the Canes in every home game.

The NZ TAB could have the Canes at $1 and they know that people will still back them......such is their loyal fanbase from within the region....like Jezza ( Taranaki ), Rooboy ( Manawatu ) and Onthenose ( Hawkes Bay ).

Yep...the fans from the smaller, inconsequential unions love travelling down to Wgtn to support the Canes in every home game.

I can fully understand it too, next you will have them catching the Ferry across from Tasman with the likes off? :D :D

Ma'a would be very serious player if only he could pass it! Seriously... defense should commit 15 players to him because he never dishes it... He had an open line with a player in support and he takes the tackle... he had 4-2 on the wing and went back into the defense..

C'mon Ma'a.... show some versatility. Good game regardless though.

TAB bookie boys know a bit more about rugby than you do CT sonny jim

You seriously dont have adequate analysis skills or you would have 1. seen the depth and skill levels that several other teams possess 2. seen the problems that the Cantabs may have in their backline 3. the vulnerability of this side should Richie or DC get hurt

The Blues, Chiefs, Canes, Waratahs, Sharks, Brumbies and Bulls are potentially now all good enough to knock them off.

Depends on who gets it together first, best and has the least injury concerns

I would normally be very bullish about the Blues chances - but i have zero faith in their useless coaching team. Hopefully Ali Williams can take the bull by the horns with the other Abs in there and do the business in spite of the coaching staff.

TAB bookie boys know a bit more about rugby than you do CT sonny jim

You seriously dont have adequate analysis skills or you would have 1. seen the depth and skill levels that several other teams possess 2. seen the problems that the Cantabs may have in their backline 3. the vulnerability of this side should Richie or DC get hurt

The Blues, Chiefs, Canes, Waratahs, Sharks, Brumbies and Bulls are potentially now all good enough to knock them off.

Depends on who gets it together first, best and has the least injury concerns

I would normally be very bullish about the Blues chances - but i have zero faith in their useless coaching team. Hopefully Ali Williams can take the bull by the horns with the other Abs in there and do the business in spite of the coaching staff.

I've already said that the title is theirs to lose UNLESS they suffer a horrendous run of injuries, so thats point no3 covered.

Point 2 re depth in other teams. There's an old adage Kiah...the forwards win the games, the backs decide by how much. The Crusaders have, within their squad, 3 AB props, 3 AB locks, 1 AB hooker, 3 AB loose forwards ( including the worlds best ), 1 AB halfback, the BEST EVER first five, 1 AB winger and 1 AB utility back in Slade.

Feel free to expose my inadequate analysis skills and inability to look at the depth in other teams by showing me all these other teams that have that depth......as you claim.

And if you'd bothered to read the whole thread you'd see that i've already stated the bleeding obvious....in that the Bulls are the only team with the forward power to match the Crusaders.

Knock yourself out Kiah.

How many Hurricanes games being played outside of Wellington this year? Who gains most from Manawatu getting the axe from Air NZ comp?.

The disenfranchised fans from inconsequential unions have wised up and are rebelling. The Highlanders went to Palmy last year, put on a great performance and were embraced. No longer will we blindly punt on the Hurricanes at $1., nor will we travel to support them. Our loyalty has shifted back to our provinces.

My main connection with the Hurricanes is through my sons who are too young to understand. The youngest likes the Blue Bulls and I am encouraging this, while I attempt to poison the others minds against anything out of Wellington (easier said than done mind).

How many Hurricanes games being played outside of Wellington this year? Who gains most from Manawatu getting the axe from Air NZ comp?.

The disenfranchised fans from inconsequential unions have wised up and are rebelling. The Highlanders went to Palmy last year, put on a great performance and were embraced. No longer will we blindly punt on the Hurricanes at $1., nor will we travel to support them. Our loyalty has shifted back to our provinces.

My main connection with the Hurricanes is through my sons who are too young to understand. The youngest likes the Blue Bulls and I am encouraging this, while I attempt to poison the others minds against anything out of Wellington (easier said than done mind).

The Hurricanes have 6 home games next year.....and they're all being played at the Caketin.

But don't worry Rooboy....Manawatu will get their cut.

Who will gain the most IF Manawatu get the axe? ( which I hope they don't )....well, Wgtn will make a play for Cruden but thats about it.

Manawatu have 3 players in the Canes squad of 28 for 2010, and you'll be lucky to see 2 of them....Nick Croswell and Andre Taylor.

Taranaki have 4.....Hawkes Bay only 2...Canterbury 2 and Southland 1. Wellington supply 16 players ( and we'll claim Scott Waldrom as well...so that makes 17 )....so it makes sense to play all the games in Wgtn.

Bigger crowds down here Rooboy...which means more $$$$ for the provinces.....and they play better in Wgtn, which means an increased chance of getting a home semi.

Take it easy on your kids though....its completely understandable that they'd want to grow dreadlocks and wear eye-liner like Ma'a does.

Every child needs role models.

Yep you are an idiot Chris

Until Slade gets on the field HE AINT AN AB!!!

If Flynn plays half the games without injuring his arm, shoulder or leg again then wonders will never cease

Ellis only ever got an AB jersey by default

There are plenty of weaknesses there and $4.50 is not value.

You have spent a lot of time over the years poking fun at SLB and even he can see the sense in that. You a sad fullah :)

Yep you are an idiot Chris

Until Slade gets on the field HE AINT AN AB!!!

If Flynn plays half the games without injuring his arm, shoulder or leg again then wonders will never cease

Ellis only ever got an AB jersey by default

There are plenty of weaknesses there and $4.50 is not value.

You have spent a lot of time over the years poking fun at SLB and even he can see the sense in that. You a sad fullah :)

He has taken the field as an AB!! I was there!! I played in the curtain-raiser!! Dale Atkins smashed him bro!!

Anyway, I asked you to show me all these other teams that have great depth....as you claim.

I'm still waiting Kiah.

So you say $4.50 is not value in a 14 team comp. Well...you can put a big black marker pen through 6 teams.....Cheetahs, Reds, Lions, Highlanders, Stormers and the Force.

That leaves 8 teams Kiah.......if it were a horse race, you've got 8 starters, one of the starters ( Canes ) has never won a race but is paying $6's.....a 2-win horse ( Bulls ) is paying $5.50...and a 7-win horse is paying $4.50.

The only reason the Crusaders aren't shorter is the fact that they play their round robin game against the Bulls over there.

You won't get better odds ( in NZ ), than the $4.50 currently being offered....ever!

You still bald face quoting the Dale Atkins thing after YOU CHICKENED OUT OF THE BET IN FRONT OF EVERYONE ON RACECAFE.

YOU ARE SUCH A LOSER!!!!!!!!!!

Im not bothering with you anymore - you are just trying to wind honest posters up

or i might just type CTISAL or even crystal - that would be a nice pun!

Multi the Waratahs at 10 and the gold coast at 20.wow now we start another thread on what the multi odds are haha.will they shrink if one team wins?