RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tripple alliance

Will Levin close ?

2 hours ago, tripple alliance said:

Motorsport is finished in Pukekohe , could it be sports car racing will return to Levin , are the tie up stalls big enough to park race cars  ? 

Hahaha..... Motorcycles maybe 🏍️

3 hours ago, tripple alliance said:

Motorsport is finished in Pukekohe , could it be sports car racing will return to Levin , are the tie up stalls big enough to park race cars  ? 

Yes, I seem to recall they used to have a car race track in the middle of the horse race track.

If I remember correctly, the Marketing and Promotions Manager from back then went from Levin to Trentham and wanted to do the same thing there but it never got off the ground. 
Does anyone remember his name? 
Maybe he was about 10 years before his time as after trying everything else they may have jumped at it. 
Anyone remember the the Trots being at Trentham for a few years, then the Kapa Haha Festival, Car Fairs and goodness knows what else? Probably no different to every other race track in reality.

This topic has had some discussion in the other channel and a valuation of $30mill mentioned (hard to believe) anyway a logical reason to close the track will be money . When the AWT at Awapuni is in use Levins jump out money will be decimated , the cost of transport alone will be a big saving for Awapuni owners an trainers , it's not hard to see Levins income halved thanks to the AWT meaning it will have to close , the only issue will be what sweeteners will be offered to Levin members .

11 hours ago, tripple alliance said:

This topic has had some discussion in the other channel and a valuation of $30mill mentioned (hard to believe) anyway a logical reason to close the track will be money . When the AWT at Awapuni is in use Levins jump out money will be decimated , the cost of transport alone will be a big saving for Awapuni owners an trainers , it's not hard to see Levins income halved thanks to the AWT meaning it will have to close , the only issue will be what sweeteners will be offered to Levin members .

So potentially another racing community shut down. Levin trainers will need to relocate or leave the game.

16 hours ago, Baz (NZ) said:

So potentially another racing community shut down. Levin trainers will need to relocate or leave the game.

Don't panic Baz  I suspect closing down will take time , I talked to a former member and she said the track is leased to a trust and will only close when the lease expires MIGHT be true ,if so  ownership can change but the lease still exists so actual possession depends on when the lease expires . A quick possession will only happen if the trust agrees to cancel the lease .

Now beware this could be bs but I do remember about 12  years ago this was a topic on this forum and a trust was mentioned .

I'm guessing the proposed meeting for members to vote on Sunday August 21 will need to be postponed again due to the Waverley race meeting in the CD now falling on this day?

As I understand Levin RC members are required to personally be at the meeting to cast an actual vote? Surely they can vote by other methods?

Can't be right?... with many members being owners/trainers now likely to be racing on this day?