RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
LongOwner

RIU Justice

The rules of racing give no chance of justice to an innocent party .

You are innocent , and RIU agree , but you loose the stake and follow up  hearing the trainer will be fined or disqualified . 

If we were in the highest court in NZ you would never be charged - it is just not fair .

Non Raceday Request for a Ruling – Written Decision dated 15 July 2022 – FLIP ‘N’ EASY

ID: RIB9994

Respondent(s): 
Murray Thompson - Trainer

Applicant: 
Racing Integrity Board

Adjudicators: 
Hon J W Gendall QC

Information Number: 
A18503

Decision Type: 
Request for Ruling

Rule(s): 
918(1)

Request for Ruling: 
Request for a Ruling in that "FLIP 'N' EASY" be disqualifed

Stewards Report

Results

Animal Name: 
FLIP 'N' EASY

Code: 
Thoroughbred

Race Date: 
28/05/2022

Race Club: 
Auckland Thoroughbred Racing

Race Location: 
Pukekohe Park - 222/250 Manukau Road, Pukekohe Hill, Pukekohe, 2120

Race Number: 
R1

Hearing Date: 
14/07/2022

Hearing Location: 
On the papers 

Outcome: Determination

Penalty: Disqualification of FLIP 'N' EASY

RULING OF ADJUDICATIVE COMMITTEE PURSUANT TO RULE 918(1) RULES OF NZ THOROUGHBRED RACING

1.   The Applicant has sought a Ruling pursuant to Rule 918(1) in relation to the outcome of Race 1, “The HR Fisken & Sons Ltd 1200m” at the Auckland Thoroughbred Racing at Pukekohe on 28 May 2022.

2.  The horse “FLIP ‘N’ EASY” , part owned and trained by Mr M Thompson (who holds a Class B permit to train licence) finished first, with the Judge’s placings being:

First:          FLIP ‘N’ EASY

Second:     MODERNISE

Third:        GIMME, ALL YOUR LOVIN

Fourth:       SERENA’S SPIRIT

Fifth:           MADIRAN

Sixth:          EXCLUSIVE FIGHTER

3.  FLIP ‘N’ EASY was correctly swabbed post race and on later analysis at the  New Zealand Laboratory, the urine sample was found to be positive to the drugs Methamphetamine and Amphetamine.  Methamphetamine is a Class A Controlled Drug under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1975 and a Prohibited Substance under the NZ Rules of Racing.

4.  When interviewed Mr Thompson was unable to explain how the positive sample may have arisen.  Subsequent investigations ascertained that the stable area in which the horse had been stabled at Mr Thompson’s property was extensively contaminated with Methamphetamine which was attributed to previous tenants of that property.

5.  Under Rule 804(1) it is mandatory that a horse that competes in a race with a Prohibited Substance in its metabolism (system) be disqualified.  Mr Thompson as Trainer, part owner, and Racing Manager has formally consented to such disqualification.

6.  Accordingly “FLIP ‘N’ EASY” is disqualified from its placing in the race in question and the revised placings (with stakes to be paid accordingly) are:

First:          MODERNISE

Second:     GIMME, ALL YOUR LOVIN

Third:         SERENA’S SPIRIT

Fourth:       MADIRAN

Fifth:           EXCLUSIVE FIGHTER

Dated 14 July 2022

Hon J W Gendall QC

Decision Date: 14/07/2022

Publish Date: 15/07/2022

Note :

“Subsequent investigations ascertained that the stable area in which the horse had been stabled at Mr Thompson’s property was extensively contaminated with Methamphetamine which was attributed to previous tenants of that property.”

What's also interesting is that Modernise is in a Maiden race at Avondale on Wednesday which obviously she was eligible for when nominations were taken.

Will she be allowed to run in it and get an opportunity to win a 2nd Maiden Race ?

My guess is that she won't be allowed to run on Wednesday.  

This problem is so easily fixed 

You change the rules to “quantitative” results rather than “qualitative” …..then you have a threshold level at which the drug is deemed to be performance enhancing 

I did a case for Kenny Rae a couple of years ago, in front of Professor Geoff Hall ( a good bloke with a great brain on him )

Anyway I used international laboratories for the B sample and proved the “P” levels in the positive swab were at 5 by 10 to the minus nine ( nanograms )

I then produced protocols that proved the human threshold for a brain surgeon or airline pilot was 300 nanograms……60 times higher …….yep, 60 times higher and you were fit to work 

I’ve simplified some details here but you get my drift and if you’re interested the case is on the JCA site 

Interesting comments P for P.

If the JRC have set a ruling  in dealing with Meth cases previously I hope they considered the reading when making this decision.  The prior ruling is effectively case law.

The connections of the winner are losers as are the syndicate of owners of Modernise who has been given a Claytons victory with the owners not being able to enjoy the win.  I am sure they would rather have been racing at Avondale with a pearl bonus at stake than having the race awarded to them.  

On 7/18/2022 at 8:30 PM, Demophon said:

Interesting comments P for P.

If the JRC have set a ruling  in dealing with Meth cases previously I hope they considered the reading when making this decision.  The prior ruling is effectively case law.

The connections of the winner are losers as are the syndicate of owners of Modernise who has been given a Claytons victory with the owners not being able to enjoy the win.  I am sure they would rather have been racing at Avondale with a pearl bonus at stake than having the race awarded to them.  

Can you not see that the RIB. is corrupted 

You need only look at the Inca case…or look at the greatest driver NZ has ever produced, who is currently a superstar in North America, or look at the RIB treatment of me, because I flight for justice and fairness …or look at the way they treat Wiremu Pinn…….they are so corrupted they can no longer see that they’re corrupt, they think they’re normal !! 
They are like a metastisising cancer that’s destroying racing from the inside out ….at a cost of 14 million a year 

The RIU have not been proactive - which everyone thought was going to happen with the restructure - to investigate some sensible thresholds  to be considered and implemented. 

We have a ridiculous  nil/low caffeine count which is far far lower than an Olympic athletic (horse mass versus human) , meths/p ridiculous - even healthy homes have reviewed when a house needs a deep clean etc, cobalt continual saga and many others.

Surely sensible people with balance in their life can sit around a table and set some logical  levels - they did it for bi-carb and even increased Harness level as at one silly stage thoroughbred had a permitted higher reading than harness .

Last two positives have been a caffeine positive in galloper as trainer pissed in the same spot after 3 cups of coffee a day so seepage under wall to bedding - agreed as cause by RIU - but lost race and $6k fine then this admitted not trainers fault P case. 

Makes RIU look a vindictive group who are doing the sport a lot of harm.

They should report the amount found , advise its spread with Olympic rules and then review all levels as this is damaged the sport and their reputation .

13 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Can you not see that the RIB. is corrupted 

You need only look at the Inca case…or look at the greatest driver NZ has ever produced, who is currently a superstar in North America, or look at the RIB treatment of me, because I flight for justice and fairness …or look at the way they treat Wiremu Pinn…….they are so corrupted they can no longer see that they’re corrupt, they think they’re normal !! 
They are like a metastisising cancer that’s destroying racing from the inside out ….at a cost of 14 million a year 

Your ref to "Billy" Pinn is interesting. Reading the hearing report on the case it transpired that rather than hit the horse twice on the head with the whip it was amended to once on the neck. The mare was cranky that day. Missed the start and then started to hang in the straight which was when the alleged offence occurred.

Certainly looks RIU is after Pinn and want to impose on him