RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tripple alliance

Trentham looking great

10 Races starting at 11.05  today the weather fine heavy 10  and should stay around that rating . Fields look fairly even  so plenty of potential for a good bet , I haven't had a good bet for a while so Saturday will be the day I crack open the piggy bank and have ago ,  happy punting all .,

15 minutes ago, Memphis3 said:

Wanganui has been transferred to Woodville Doomed. 

Yes, I did recall something like that. Still seems strange having a 10 week break mid winter. I suppose the GN meeting is given a big window with no opposition to try and force jumpers to head south. Must be an expensive trip for a maiden that struggles to keep up in its own backyard.

7 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

Yes, I did recall something like that. Still seems strange having a 10 week break mid winter. I suppose the GN meeting is given a big window with no opposition to try and force jumpers to head south. Must be an expensive trip for a maiden that struggles to keep up in its own backyard.

Only way to promote horses going to Christchurch is to have nothing in north for them which really only suits the ones with bigger teams to take down  but really how long will it be sustainable  to keep the Nationals in South Island let alone the lesser grade jump races.  Most will stay north to chase bigger money in Northerns

28 minutes ago, Crow said:

Only way to promote horses going to Christchurch is to have nothing in north for them which really only suits the ones with bigger teams to take down  but really how long will it be sustainable  to keep the Nationals in South Island let alone the lesser grade jump races.  Most will stay north to chase bigger money in Northerns

Seems crazy to me to retain the GN meeting in Chch with no jumpers trained down there. How long can it continue? Seems to go against everything else NZTA espouses. They have chopped out heaps of provincial meetings like Marlborough and Wairoa to save trainers having to travel there, and yet they put up $100,000 each for a couple of jumps races when there isn't a single local candidate. Possibly one of the stupidest things NZTR have done, and that's saying something.

8 jumping events over the 3 days, 4 hurdle, 4 chase races. it will be very interesting how these fields fill up, or not. I hope for the jumping trainers that travel, and they all have to, that there are sufficient numbers to run each event. A hurdle and 2 steeples the first day, if any don't go ahead should they add a maiden race to the day, making it the 10 races the license on the day has been allocated. Same applies for 2nd and 3rd days of this carnival.

2 hurdles, one 0-2  chase second day no rating 74 flat races over any distance, lose a jumps race put on a R74 Second day where flat races run on AWT

I am sure they will be rolling out the red carpet for Nelson, Dummy, Wheels, Cunningham, etc and so they should, they may need to do more than that, or run more flat races

3 minutes ago, uneasy said:

8 jumping events over the 3 days, 4 hurdle, 4 chase races. it will be very interesting how these fields fill up, or not. I hope for the jumping trainers that travel, and they all have to, that there are sufficient numbers to run each event. A hurdle and 2 steeples the first day, if any don't go ahead should they add a maiden race to the day, making it the 10 races the license on the day has been allocated. Same applies for 2nd and 3rd days of this carnival.

2 hurdles, one 0-2  chase second day no rating 74 flat races over any distance, lose a jumps race put on a R74 Second day where flat races run on AWT

I am sure they will be rolling out the red carpet for Nelson, Dummy, Wheels, Cunningham, etc and so they should, they may need to do more than that, or run more flat races

It seems strange the middle day is on the synthetic for the flat? So jumpers go round on the turf. So how do they attract CD horses who have not been on the synthetic? Time will tell. But a strange decision since they have been running on the synthetic to protect the turf!  So why? 

11 hours ago, uneasy said:

But thats the thing Michael..there seems to be no commonsense in any of the planning of the programmes anywhere..I would like to know how much racing experience the person doing and setting out the programming has had it seems very little and zero thought gone into it in some cases...like what you raise now.

11 hours ago, uneasy said:

It is hard to understand especially when it is a feature days racing but there is only one flat race with a rating above 65, that is an open 2200m. Races over this distance are very rarely full fields so far on the AWT, IF THEY GO AHEAD.

They struggled for numbers all season how will this week be any different.

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

They struggled for numbers all season how will this week be any different.

The locals are going to get a hell of a shock when they turn up on the first Saturday of GN week and its a heavy 10. The only lead ups in Canty are this week's AWT meeting and another AWT meeting just before GN week. Last week the 1,200m horses went 1.13 at Ashburton and the only other meeting in the South before the GN is Oamaru who could easily come up with a decent track. What other racing jurisdiction in the world would use AWT racing as a lead up to a major bog track meeting? Poor bloody punters trying to analyse form.

Can anyone remember when the Brabazon was the traditional lead up to the Winter Cup, and the Haldon Stakes was a sought after maiden race? Seemed to work quite well then. The Haldon often used to be split into two divisions. Thank god current leadership is so much more intelligent than to follow those old traditions.

7 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

The locals are going to get a hell of a shock when they turn up on the first Saturday of GN week and its a heavy 10. The only lead ups in Canty are this week's AWT meeting and another AWT meeting just before GN week. Last week the 1,200m horses went 1.13 at Ashburton and the only other meeting in the South before the GN is Oamaru who could easily come up with a decent track. What other racing jurisdiction in the world would use AWT racing as a lead up to a major bog track meeting? Poor bloody punters trying to analyse form.

Can anyone remember when the Brabazon was the traditional lead up to the Winter Cup, and the Haldon Stakes was a sought after maiden race? Seemed to work quite well then. The Haldon often used to be split into two divisions. Thank god current leadership is so much more intelligent than to follow those old traditions.

I remember that well.

Also the 2 year old parade down the straight,  also often I  two divisions

Geez the corse proper at Riccarton looks terrible...even where they are not chopping it to bits doing their prelims it looks very patchy...interesting to see how it stands up in a couple of weeks...was just thinking watching Bendigo races yesterday how different their tracks look compared to our wet tracks, hardly any kickback where as ours are an absolute mess...maybe we need better people in charge of the tracks...JMO.

4 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Geez the corse proper at Riccarton looks terrible...even where they are not chopping it to bits doing their prelims it looks very patchy...interesting to see how it stands up in a couple of weeks...was just thinking watching Bendigo races yesterday how different their tracks look compared to our wet tracks, hardly any kickback where as ours are an absolute mess...maybe we need better people in charge of the tracks...JMO.

or stop just filling the hoof divots with sand!