RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Black Kirrama

NEW competition called ZOOPERSTARS .Spring Racing

Testing the interest with our Patron  Scoobie and other sponsors.

Rev Somervell  here, Scoobie.

A few years ago Ted   (RDYtdy    ) and I ran a sweep stake competition on Race Cafe.

It was quite simple.

Contestants paid a $10 sweep stake entry fee. 

Contestants selected one  three year old thoroughbred trained in NZ  to win the most stake Money in Australasia.

from the 20 th August 2014  to 30 th April 2015.

It was easy to collate.  Scoobie ,there was a hell of a lot of banter which was great for the RCafe site. And Rcafe sponsors.

Incidentally  Ted won that competition with his pick which was the then non winning horse called Turn Me Loose !) I finished second with my pick Amon Ra.

So here is a schematic of how I would run a renewed version for RCafe  in  2022 .

Blurb:

"SO YOU WANNA BE A BOODSTOCK AGENT ? "

New Race Cafe Premier Sweep Stake Competition.

Zooperstars Competition

Entry fee $20

Select your Thoroughbred Stable for the 2022 season.

For the purposes of this competition the period is

August 27th ( Foxbridge Plate Day Te Rapa )

to 

November 5th ( VRC  Carnival last day )

Your selected Stable Zooperstars  earn the stake Money from NZ  and Australia only.

Name your Stable

Select your Zooperstars.

Proposed Rules and Guidance :

Your stable of Zooperstars will be selected as follows:

a. have a max of 7  ( seven ) thoroughbreds. ( see*  "unnamed horse" clause later !)

b. a minimum of 2 ( Two ) NZ trained horses as at 26th August 2022.

c. no Group One winners.

d. Entrants are expected to tally their own weekly stakes winnings and notify the Zooperstars sponsors.

e.The winner and place getters will   split the entrant pool.  60%  , 30%   10 %

f. Entry is integrity based.  ( to be sorted, I dont want to hold a lot of $$ so entrants agree to pay to an account to be sorted like.... ? )

* unnamed thoroughbreds nominated for your Zooperstars Stable  MUST include Sire - Dam  and date of foaling /sex  

Let me know what you think, Scoobie !! 

I dont want any dawks entering this comp. They pay when they lose. My rules.

I will collate scores bt entrants must notify me every 7 days of their Zooperstars progress.

Rev

21 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Wow a bit disappointing all the money I and other members have put up for comps over the past couple of years and only two members want to join in a comp with an entry fee...that answers a few questions.

Scooby and Rev [Black Kirrama] I cant believe it, in fact I am flabbergasted.

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

Very disappointing to see that so few want to put anything back into a paid competition.....makes me have a rethink about the  money I keep putting into comps here going forward too.....it seems a bit of a one way street..

Scooby, as you know I have contributed too, from time to time.

The competitions each and every Saturday give the two of us in our household great pleasure.

We would be sad to see them go, BUT will fully support whatever decision you make.

8 minutes ago, Insider said:

Scooby, as you know I have contributed too, from time to time.

The competitions each and every Saturday give the two of us in our household great pleasure.

We would be sad to see them go, BUT will fully support whatever decision you make.

Yes its interesting only two outside the ones like yourself who dip in an sponsor comps often have said they would enter a comp that has such a small entry fee. Was not meaning you as you have been one who always puts in and gives back as do Pondy and Saynomore without question.....but lets see where we end up with this...your support is always truly appreciated ...the site does not run itself and over the past months some of the comments directed at me and the people who give up their time freely to make members Saturdays a little more fun have made me question a few things...lets see how things pan out...

I am interested too. Just a little confused when it says it’s an Aussie comp but first day is Terapa? Hold the phone just reread the rules and seen where I skipped over a couple of points. I’ll be in.

Edited by Seddon
Reread.

On 7/12/2022 at 8:06 PM, Black Kirrama said:

Your selected Stable Zooperstars  earn the stake Money from NZ  and Australia only.

b. a minimum of 2 ( Two ) NZ trained horses as at 26th August 2022.

Hi Rev, I'm definitely in for this fun comp but the anal retentive comp organiser in me can't help wanting to clarify a couple of things:

Stake money earned in NZ vs Australia - will you count a dollar of NZ earnings the same as a dollar of Australia earnings or will you apply some sort of exchange factor?  I'd suggest the former - treat them the same - simpler and bugger all difference in the currency right now.

NZ trained horses - this means trained in NZ as at that date right?  So not just trained by a Kiwi (eg. we seem to claim Waller as a Kiwi trainer quite often).  And they could move to an Australian stable after 26 August and still qualify as NZ trained?

Sorry to be so anal but i reckon when people are putting money in it's good to avoid as much doubt as possible.  Thanks for putting this comp up - it will be fun to follow - I'm off to look for lots of Group 2 and Group 3 winners likely to run in the spring.

Scoobs, please don't think that the seeming dearth of 'interested' folk is in any way disrespectful to your v. noble subsidising of the various prize pool in Race Cafe comps.

I'm a very part-time punter and simply found that the effort, each Saturday, of coming up with (usually non) winners a bit onerous on my time.

Now that Spring is about to get Spring I will endeavour to be more keen, ha.

And, yes, I'd be a starter for the comp that Black Kirrama suggests ... and especially so if you (Scooby) can find a way to 'nobble' the selections Ted and BK before they start, heh...

Procrastination may well be the thief of time, but both can be a problem for most of us…..:rolleyes:

These sort of comps can also be skewed to those “in the know” ( as Ted proved ) so this may put some off from entering.

Anyway, sounds fun…just have to remember the bloody names of a couple I noted a while back….🙈

11 hours ago, Nerula said:

Its not the $20 its thinking about the selections. I can think of 2 NZ ones but to think of Non group 1 Aus not so easy. I think 5 goog Aus is the key

Not wrong there N. Had a lovely list in no time before re reading the rules…most of those likely winners of the main races over there….:rolleyes:

Makes it interesting though.