RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scooby3051

Hawera Gone Owners shafted again.

2 hours ago, nomates said:

The TA is toothless , whether they are complicit i don't know but certainly the  big trainers are definitely behind getting all the major racing north of Taupo , they don't want to have to travel to CHCH or even WGTN for G1's , the big money is going to be in the north with the new consortium in Auck and as the north produce the majority of runners in those G1's run south of Taupo they figure they should be run up north , the CEO of the new consortium even said that once the new track is laid and with the bigger stakes and the best track then they should be running NZ's biggest races . How long till The GNS races are run at Ellerslie ? . How long till owners start saying if i'm going to have a horse in work it has to be up north , the CD numbers are shrinking already .

Chris Waller had two runners in the Rockhampton Cup yesterday, another runner came from Riverton. It's about 7 hours from Brisbane to Rockhampton and even further from Riverton. Its about 9 hours from Sydney to Melbourne and trainers do it all the time. Some horses double accept on a Saturday in Sydney and Melbourne and decide which one to head to based on track conditions.

Put up the money and the horses don't mind travelling. It's going to get pretty boring if they expect to race in Auckland most weeks with hardly any public there. If we are going to give up on on course attendances we might as well race where the horses are rather than where the people are.

Auckland has had a lot of races downgraded over time so I really would worry if they end up with a lot more feature races. Perhaps if they had shown more respect for the likes of the Easter Hdp the rest of the country might have been happy to hand them the Oaks and Guineas races.

6 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

One of the reasons Australia doesn't have many abandoned meetings, except in exceptional circumstances, is that they are proactive and often move meetings a day or two beforehand, and very seldom on raceday. Of course you can do that if you have a good number of racetracks. They are bloody lucky no overseas expert has ever turned up and told them they have far too many racetracks and would do miles better if they closed heaps down.

Are you serious WD ??

Australia has had dozens of abandoned meetings this year.......plus the ones that are able to be  postponed / transferred to nearby tracks within a week !

Many have been cos of the extreme weather ,particularly because of rain / water....some areas have been flooded 4 x times in a year. 

Earlier in the year extreme heat was often given as the reason to abandon , plus there have been power outages as well.

In July there has probably been 10 Abandoned already ,some of these after some races had begun.

Of course Aussie cos it is so much bigger and better and more professionally run can more easily transfer.

Less staff in NZ make it more difficult , and the  limited outside TAB broadcast vans need to be moved around too.

NZ Racing agreed in 1970's that there were too many tracks , but no one could agree how to reduce......subsequently track facilities particularly the racing surfaces have deteriorated .....few disagreed with the Messara report[on race surfaces] who said there was not ONE good surface in NZ that didn't need significant upgrade.

I see your TAG team of misery is moving  back in to dominate this site...so you will have plenty of support till they rot away with frustration. The duck will be back soon ,with the other negaholics ! 

i was talking to a  South Island trainer recently , just delighted with the available stakes in the South and enjoying the opportunity to compete on the Synthetic. Can't understand why the negaholics came out even before the thing had been used , even before they had raced or trained on it . Loving it ....their owners too !

13 hours ago, Chris Wood said:

Trainers association sold their sole when the got NZTR to collect their subscriptions a good few years ago now.

NZTR hold the power, end of story!

So you are saying nothing can be done...as owners and participants we just have to accept the sub standard system now and we cant do anything to change it...if thats the case then what is the point of continuing...I for one won't buy any more if thats the case...the people running it do not have a clue...and unfortunately the ones in their midst who have a clue get overruled and their opinions dont count.

The tracks are a disgrace ....period.

13 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

So you are saying nothing can be done...as owners and participants we just have to accept the sub standard system now and we cant do anything to change it...if thats the case then what is the point of continuing...I for one won't buy any more if thats the case...the people running it do not have a clue...and unfortunately the ones in their midst who have a clue get overruled and their opinions dont count.

The tracks are a disgrace ....period.

I thin that's it.

Don’t worry, a lot of  trainers have an abundance of shares in horses within their stables to, so they prop the game up to as owners.

I cannot fathom why the industry let the likes of TeTeko go.

Waipa not racing, TeAroha is under renovation, Ellerslie out, for a great reason.

Leaves us short of tracks to be honest, nice to see Avondale pre empting things and moving their meeting to Cambridge on Wednesday, that’s the perfect scenario for the all weather track.

9 hours ago, Leggy said:

Thanks Leggy .

That section of Australian Racing site , doesn't seem to include total number of Abandonments , possibly just the ones being transferred in whole ,to a new date or venue.

A quick look at the NZ TAB result page for just last week shows the Aussie Races / cards which were declared but bets refunded.

Monday 4th July  Barcaldine   Abandoned

Wagga  ran 3 of 8

Gunnedah ran 5 of 7

Tuesday  5th July Grafton ran 4 of 8

Goulburn  Abandoned all 7 races

Ballina Abandoned all 7 races

Wednesday 6th July   Warwick Farm Abandoned all 7 , moved to Canterbury later in week.

Ipswich Abandoned all 9

Thursday    7th July  Warwick Abandoned all 8

Friday  8th  July    Taree Abandoned all 8

Thats 10 x meetings in 5 days plus the odd non-TAB meeting 

Not all the above are on the attached site.

1 hour ago, Chris Wood said:

Don’t worry, a lot of  trainers have an abundance of shares in horses within their stables to, so they prop the game up to as owners.

I cannot fathom why the industry let the likes of TeTeko go.

Waipa not racing, TeAroha is under renovation, Ellerslie out, for a great reason.

Leaves us short of tracks to be honest, nice to see Avondale pre empting things and moving their meeting to Cambridge on Wednesday, that’s the perfect scenario for the all weather track.

So why could the trainers and the owners just agree not to enter...call off a meeting to try to get some action if they are owners too.

7 minutes ago, Chris Wood said:

Like herding cats Scoobs, to many in this industry with their own agendas, Big picture, what Big picture!

Thats sad mate...I wondered if that was the reason...some dont need to train to still have a life some their lives depend on it...then we are Donald ducked...

1 hour ago, Memphis3 said:

Due to unbelievable flooding in NSW not 33 mm of rain old mate. 

Haha Memphis.........a big flood little different to surface water ,continual rain and a shocking forecast.

The extreme heat abandonments and power outages surely not due to 'unbelievable flooding'....I mentioned some areas been flooded 4 x times in a year.

And Queensland and WA meetings abandoned too.

You miss the place ? Go Krygios !

No I’m not missing the place. 

And im not going for Kyrgios

You are missing the point. You are comparing extreme weather condition to normal winter conditions . Bad track upkeep is not closing there tracks. 

Eagle Farm was an exception but they have fixed that now. 

You were lucky Nadal got a abdominal complaint or our old mate would have been seeking you out again. 

1 hour ago, Memphis3 said:

No I’m not missing the place. 

And im not going for Kyrgios

You are missing the point. You are comparing extreme weather condition to normal winter conditions . Bad track upkeep is not closing there tracks. 

Eagle Farm was an exception but they have fixed that now. 

You were lucky Nadal got a abdominal complaint or our old mate would have been seeking you out again. 

Funniest post ever !

Me mate TORCH says Hawera one of best courses in the country !

On 7/10/2022 at 3:05 PM, scooby3051 said:

They ripped it up about 6 weeks ago then were forced to race on it shortly after...a stuff up for sure as many others.

To be fair to them, didn’t they do this work and then a last min abandonment from Whanganui saw an unscheduled meeting a Hawera a few days later.

14 hours ago, Chris Wood said:

I take your point Chris but I think it seems to many of us that horses suited to usual heavy winter grass tracks are not suited to good AWTs where they are running 1.09 and 1.22. We'll see, but I think they are largely different surfaces suitable for a different group of horses, not interchangeable as you suggest. That idea was just political gobbledygook to get the $30million of funding for them. No point perpetuating it now.

I think any proactive grass track shifts have to be to other grass tracks, not to synthetic ones..I'm pretty sure that punters will withdraw activity with the shift as well. Definitely not a good commercial move in my mind.

Got my wires crossed Leggy, it was the trials shifted, and they have been postponed today as we are due the weather bomb here today.

I totally agree, wet tracks surely have their place on the NZ Racing Calendar, we don’t want to lose sight of that, not so many Head Hunters around these days, but those good old hardy breeds kept the industry going back in the day.

With our track closures and renovations going on it makes for lean pickings throughout the North Island.

And I do realise the Synthetic is not the complete answer, but it has been a blessing to get our horses up to scratch without smashing our grass training surfaces.

Over a 1000 in work at most times of the year at Cambridge, so it was money well spent.

15 hours ago, barryb said:

To be fair to them, didn’t they do this work and then a last min abandonment from Whanganui saw an unscheduled meeting a Hawera a few days later.

yes but why take the meeting in the first place surely someone would have known what would happen.