RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scooby3051

Hawera Gone Owners shafted again.

How could they have not known before today this could not go ahead 33mm of rain during the week I was told Friday that it would not be possible to race, but here again owners jockeys trainers all shafted with expenses that were never necessary to be spent...same shit from incompetent people time after time. There will be no tracks left soon..useless as tits on a man....JMO Oh and dont say they could not control the weather...it should have been called off two days ago so nobody was out of pocket.

3 minutes ago, TurnyTom said:

Unbelievable, when does this stop .... or will it

it won't because nobody is EVER held to account...NOBODY...thats why it will keep going and until OWNERS who pay the bills stand up nothing will change...call one or two meetings off because of no entries then see how they behave...but it won't happen the trainers are toothless and nobody wants to rock the boat...so we get what we deserve.

16 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

How could they have not known before today this could not go ahead 33mm of rain during the week I was told Friday that it would not be possible to race, but here again owners jockeys trainers all shafted with expenses that were never necessary to be spent...same shit from incompetent people time after time. There will be no tracks left soon..useless as tits on a man....JMO Oh and dont say they could not control the weather...it should have been called off two days ago so nobody was out of pocket.

It is usually for the jumps riders voice concern about track and want to go home but then others go out and school horses around course even ones that weren't in jumps races so at least the jumpers got a run around. Only in NZ

36 minutes ago, Crow said:

It is usually for the jumps riders voice concern about track and want to go home but then others go out and school horses around course even ones that weren't in jumps races so at least the jumpers got a run around. Only in NZ

Are you serious? They schooled jumpers on the course after the meeting was abandoned but it wasn't deemed safe to run the races on?

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

it won't because nobody is EVER held to account...NOBODY...thats why it will keep going and until OWNERS who pay the bills stand up nothing will change...call one or two meetings off because of no entries then see how they behave...but it won't happen the trainers are toothless and nobody wants to rock the boat...so we get what we deserve.

Given the current state of NZ racing I have been staggered at the inaction of the Trainers Assn. It can only mean that they are totally complicit in the actions of the current regime and support the closure of all but a few metropolitan tracks and massive investment in AWTs (although the numbers racing on the AWTs don't support that) or else they are totally incompetent.

One of the reasons Australia doesn't have many abandoned meetings, except in exceptional circumstances, is that they are proactive and often move meetings a day or two beforehand, and very seldom on raceday. Of course you can do that if you have a good number of racetracks. They are bloody lucky no overseas expert has ever turned up and told them they have far too many racetracks and would do miles better if they closed heaps down.

3 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

One of the reasons Australia doesn't have many abandoned meetings, except in exceptional circumstances, is that they are proactive and often move meetings a day or two beforehand, and very seldom on raceday. Of course you can do that if you have a good number of racetracks. They are bloody lucky no overseas expert has ever turned up and told them they have far too many racetracks and would do miles better if they closed heaps down.

The other thing they tend to do over there is spend money regularly renovating their tracks instead of wasting it all on stakes. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with connection and punter confidence and spending which in turn produces the money for stakes. Probably sounds a bit too complex a model for here.

9 minutes ago, Leggy said:

The other thing they tend to do over there is spend money regularly renovating their tracks instead of wasting it all on stakes. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with connection and punter confidence and spending which in turn produces the money for stakes. Probably sounds a bit too complex a model for here.

Even though Eagle Farm gets some flak it certainly comes into its own when they get rain like they have recently.

2 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

With all due respect, what sort of regular maintenance is going on on that track? 33mls(an inch and a quarter) is bugger all and shouldn't be enough to justify an abandonment unless there are significant other factors in play.

9 minutes ago, Blue said:

With all due respect, what sort of regular maintenance is going on on that track? 33mls(an inch and a quarter) is bugger all and shouldn't be enough to justify an abandonment unless there are significant other factors in play.

Another 20mms today but as you say that is still stuff all. There has been stuff all significant regular maintenance on most NZ tracks in the last 30 years.

24 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

Given the current state of NZ racing I have been staggered at the inaction of the Trainers Assn. It can only mean that they are totally complicit in the actions of the current regime and support the closure of all but a few metropolitan tracks and massive investment in AWTs (although the numbers racing on the AWTs don't support that) or else they are totally incompetent.

The TA is toothless , whether they are complicit i don't know but certainly the  big trainers are definitely behind getting all the major racing north of Taupo , they don't want to have to travel to CHCH or even WGTN for G1's , the big money is going to be in the north with the new consortium in Auck and as the north produce the majority of runners in those G1's run south of Taupo they figure they should be run up north , the CEO of the new consortium even said that once the new track is laid and with the bigger stakes and the best track then they should be running NZ's biggest races . How long till The GNS races are run at Ellerslie ? . How long till owners start saying if i'm going to have a horse in work it has to be up north , the CD numbers are shrinking already .

16 minutes ago, Blue said:

They ripped it up about 6 weeks ago then were forced to race on it shortly after...a stuff up for sure as many others.

10 minutes ago, nomates said:

The TA is toothless , whether they are complicit i don't know but certainly the  big trainers are definitely behind getting all the major racing north of Taupo , they don't want to have to travel to CHCH or even WGTN for G1's , the big money is going to be in the north with the new consortium in Auck and as the north produce the majority of runners in those G1's run south of Taupo they figure they should be run up north , the CEO of the new consortium even said that once the new track is laid and with the bigger stakes and the best track then they should be running NZ's biggest races . How long till The GNS races are run at Ellerslie ? . How long till owners start saying if i'm going to have a horse in work it has to be up north , the CD numbers are shrinking already .

I thought you said we were out of here and you would post elsewhere...anyway good to see you back with the best site in NZ...yes ATC stakes will be bigger than anywhere...they got together and are redoing the track to make it the best in NZ so good on them...the rest of the management of NZ tracks is diabolical...and the person in charge whoever it is needs to be replaced with someone with some knowledge of track maintainence.

3 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

I thought you said we were out of here and you would post elsewhere...anyway good to see you back with the best site in NZ...yes ATC stakes will be bigger than anywhere...they got together and are redoing the track to make it the best in NZ so good on them...the rest of the management of NZ tracks is diabolical...and the person in charge whoever it is needs to be replaced with someone with some knowledge of track maintainence.

Have you just woken up , i posted 10 days ago or so and you replied to it , i have always posted on the other site , sometimes things just have to be said and one of the things that needs to be said is how hopeless the TA is , i'm still waiting on my receipt for the one and only season i joined them voluntarily , 12 years ago and numerous phone conversations ago . Now you have to pay to join them to get a licence , joke at best , the only reason they still exist otherwise they would have no members and no money .

And the best site ???? i'm here for now .

5 minutes ago, nomates said:

Have you just woken up , i posted 10 days ago or so and you replied to it , i have always posted on the other site , sometimes things just have to be said and one of the things that needs to be said is how hopeless the TA is , i'm still waiting on my receipt for the one and only season i joined them voluntarily , 12 years ago and numerous phone conversations ago . Now you have to pay to join them to get a licence , joke at best , the only reason they still exist otherwise they would have no members and no money .

And the best site ???? i'm here for now .

Feel free to leave anytime you wish...but there is no question we get THE MOST traffic have THE MOST members and dont need ads every time we click LOL.Anyway enjoy Racecafe like many others do...we try to be a happy group here these days...cheers.

2 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Feel free to leave anytime you wish...but there is no question we get THE MOST traffic have THE MOST members and dont need ads every time we click LOL.Anyway enjoy Racecafe like many others do...we try to be a happy group here these days...cheers.

Yeah , Auckland gets the most traffic , doesn't make it the best place to live , but i'm happy that you are happy i'm back .

And i appreciate the permission to leave anytime i wish , thanks .

6 minutes ago, nomates said:

Yeah , Auckland gets the most traffic , doesn't make it the best place to live , but i'm happy that you are happy i'm back .

And i appreciate the permission to leave anytime i wish , thanks .

No need permission...anyway its totally your choice...but there is no comparison ......cheers.

2 hours ago, Blue said:

Especially in Taranaki which is used too regular very heavy rainfall.

The attitude towards track managers and there staff by racing clubs and there officials need addressing. I  always maintain that racecourse managers  should be paid just as much as the man at the top of each club, training should be given and the track staff provided with all the budgets  and appropriate machinery necessary to maintain the courses to the highest level. Is this happening in NZ ,probably not and  most people wii say clubs can’t afford this .?