RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
nstrip

Cambridge Trials Cancelled

Anyone know what the feedback from trainers on the synthetic is?

I see lack of nominations tomorrow have seen them canned and there has been a few northern trainers trial them in CD

Is there some issues with the Cambridge synthetic?

I think that trainers are finding that it suits certain horses best of those being capable of running fast times your mudders or wet trackers really find it hard to keep up,  its hard to give them the soft to heavy track experience from a trial. Also hard to get a gauge on with a wet tracker as to how its going to perform on a heavy track.

Nothing wrong with the track, horse numbers at this time of the year dictate trial fields, and regular trials and jumpouts are now accessible with the surface.

With a few tracks out of action, there are not to many alternatives!
I can’t work out why they let TeTeko go, and what is happening with Waipa, another good venue gone west!

7 hours ago, Chris Wood said:

Nothing wrong with the track, horse numbers at this time of the year dictate trial fields, and regular trials and jumpouts are now accessible with the surface.

With a few tracks out of action, there are not to many alternatives!
I can’t work out why they let TeTeko go, and what is happening with Waipa, another good venue gone west!

If it is any consolation Chris, you aren't the only person who can't work out most of the decision making.

Gisborne and Wairoa were two bad decisions in my mind,  the locals supported those meetings to the hilt, and do you think any family from either region is going to drive to Hastings to the races.

Both courses run and managed by the respective committee’s, at bugger all cost to the industry.

A set of people that will never experience horse racing in their lives, sad really!