RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
say no more

Losers Get Laid results thread

SNM   How many points did i get off ICE IN VANCOUVER beaten fav in eagle Farm

before i get eliminated if I AM BENE wins!! NOT!! cheers! i have side bet with GEE i outlast him till the end!!

Interim table (after Caulfield R7)

Uncommon James costs Basil and Peter a life and 50 points and opens up a gap between the top 2 and the rest of the field.  Floyd Pink eliminated and we're down to 15.

A few runners still to come but unlikely to impact the top 5.

image.png.eda74bcec2697b30dd918bd6da3959b5.png

Week 7 - Final Results

Cabbage eliminated by Kalino and there are 14 who make it through to the final round - congratulations to you all.

We're in for an amazing final round with our top 2 with almost identical records - both yet to lose a life, both with a Joker left to play and separated by less than 2 points.

Basil with an outside chance if he can put that final joker to good use, but hard to see anyone outside of the top 3 winning the comp, unless the top two both drop points.

Happy for those in contention to message me their picks next week if they would prefer not to show their hand.

image.png.58fcc818f9d00a5dc180b8d686f8c88d.png

Look out for next week - as well as the final round of this LGL comp, we're going to run a two week knockout style comp (similar to one run over QB weekend from memory).   

Will be using the prize money kindly donated back by last week's winners (Gubellini, Cabbage and Stoyd).

Final Round selections

A lot will hinge on Extremely Lucky in Race 8 at The Valley.   If it is beaten then Casper will most likely win the comp.  If it wins then Howie will be in the driving seat, provided his joker play Novak doesn't win early in the day.

image.png.0048f069fcdd58a1c8dc38215165c623.png

Interim update after Randwick R5

Basil with 88 points for the day and the new clubhouse leader but can't win  (as worst Howie can finish on is 491 points).

Based on current dividends Howie would earn around 20-25 points if his final runner (Sixbysixtythree) is beaten, while Casper would earn around 85-90 points if Extremely Lucky is beaten.

Barring a significant change in dividends, it looks almost certain that if Extremely Lucky wins, then Howie will win the comp and if Extremely Lucky is beaten Casper will win the comp.

PPP eliminated by Silverina.

image.png.5e813c314263eced385929655dd87237.png

Well done, Casper ! 👏
You're a champion . . . inspired selections throughout the comp.
I enjoyed the tussle.
Great comp, John  ... thank you very much for your superb skills and dedication in running these Racecafe comps. Very much appreciated.

1 minute ago, Right first time said:

Well done, Casper ! 👏
You're a champion . . . inspired selections throughout the comp.
I enjoyed the tussle.
Great comp, John  ... thank you very much for your superb skills and dedication in running these Racecafe comps. Very much appreciated.

Thanks Howie, you're every much a champion, it was anyones match, you would've been a worthy winner

Thanks to Scooby and John for his outstanding contributions scoring these comps.

I'm not sure what the prize was, whatever it was I would like it recycled back into the prize pool, I only enter comps for the enjoyment

Cheers

FINAL RESULTS

Our winner Casper and runner-up Howie (RFT) were 1 & 2 at the end of week 5 and stayed that way to the end, in a titanic battle and never separated by an awful lot.

Quite fitting that they are the only two entrants not to lose a life across 8 weeks (and 16 selections) - outstanding work.  Allowing for two jokers they both averaged around 32 points per pick which is the equivalent of picking $3 shots to get beaten 16 times - nice work by both.   Basil Brush who was in contention most of the way takes the final podium spot.

image.png.9f2693f9be16e96ce9e9dcc2bb0ac10f.png

Had a look back at the original thread.

Prizes were a $125 bet to the winner and a $50 bet to the runner-up.

Thanks Casper for recycling yours - very generous.   Let us know a format that you like and we can run something after the Knockout comp is done.

1 minute ago, say no more said:

Thanks Casper for recycling yours - very generous.   Let us know a format that you like and we can run something after the Knockout comp is done.

Thanks, John ...and to those successful comp winners whose recycling of funds made up the prize pool here.
Any winning proceeds from my $50 bet to go half back into the prize pool, and the other half into the Taiki fund (if it's not too late for that).

And thank you, Scooby. These comps are superb.

11 minutes ago, say no more said:

Thanks a lot Casper...much appreciated.