RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Palliser

Matt Cross

Yes unfortunate situation there Palliser. I noticed the hot favourite Spicy Filly wasn’t flexing her near hind leg properly when she entered the stalls. She finished 7/11 and 5.5 lengths from the winner. Stipes report will be interesting.

18 minutes ago, Palliser said:

What is it with this guy, he stated on Trackside that Anteater and Mr McKenzie were declared late scratchings. Went outside came back in and watched the race and Anteater was racing ?? .. saved my money, but that's not the point. Get your shit together Matt.

Does he have a brother called Chris ?

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

Time for you to try some new Meds

Social medias often boring, Flash you are always boring, anyone living with you must be boring, their expectations in life cant be very high,..

Edited by scooby3051
Language personal attacks

Dropping the odd anecdote is an easy way of flushing out me old mate Flash, he must spend all his time lurking waiting to pounce, it's actually become a bit of a part time hobby of mine,.

Im serious many times, not sure if Flash has a sense of humour though but we could work on it.

Edited by scooby3051
Unecessary personal attack...warning

4 hours ago, Palliser said:

What is it with this guy, he stated on Trackside that Anteater and Mr McKenzie were declared late scratchings. Went outside came back in and watched the race and Anteater was racing ?? .. saved my money, but that's not the point. Get your shit together Matt.

He comes aCross as having a high opinion of himself. This is the same guy that got bottled by a former nz based jockey at the harness jewels a few years back when carrying on like a pork chop!

1 hour ago, mikenz said:

Dropping the odd anecdote is an easy way of flushing out me old mate Flash, he must spend all his time lurking waiting to pounce, it's actually become a bit of a part time hobby of mine, gee if I could flush out a turd pipe as easy as flushing out JJ I'd probably take up plumbing.

Im serious many times, not sure if Flash has a sense of humour though but we could work on it.

Guys either leave the personal insults out or get lost..I have tried for a long time to rid the site of this if you dont follow MY guidelines then please feel free to post elsewhere where I guess you must be welcome...but not here...cheers I won't let a few ruin it for many....your choices.

Gee after all the effort i go to to brighten this place with some music and some humour and its deleted, could it be that some people take things too seriously?

And could these same serious people be administrators on racing clubs that cant just figure out why race courses are mainly populated by seagulls and a few from retirement villages and the RSA, food for thought.

Criss Cross was and is real, and maybe the guy in the gym may have been a retired jockey who may have just let himself go a bit.

Gee i got 2 likes in no time.

On 6/30/2022 at 6:12 PM, MrBigStuff said:

He comes aCross as having a high opinion of himself. This is the same guy that got bottled by a former nz based jockey at the harness jewels a few years back when carrying on like a pork chop!

I am still struggling with the cheesy accolades he received near the end of his first ever Cup week gig. You'd have thought he had split the atom. Totally over done and he had Pops, Rodders, and the like heaping praise on him for calling some races. I never ever saw Reon Murtha get profusely thanked for his 40 odd years of calling in the South Island - let alone 40 Cup Weeks! Thats life today though - no perspective of balanced opinion. Just lauded and over the top baloney.

36 minutes ago, THE TORCH said:

I am still struggling with the cheesy accolades he received near the end of his first ever Cup week gig. You'd have thought he had split the atom. Totally over done and he had Pops, Rodders, and the like heaping praise on him for calling some races. I never ever saw Reon Murtha get profusely thanked for his 40 odd years of calling in the South Island - let alone 40 Cup Weeks! Thats life today though - no perspective of balanced opinion. Just lauded and over the top baloney.

Correct, all the boys club stuff and back slapping becomes tiresome

59 minutes ago, Cubes said:

Cubes has met him a few times and thinks he is just about the most friendly guy you will ever meet

And Cubes thinks (well sometimes ) and thinks he does a good job

I haven't met him, but I think he does a good job. He is still pretty young as well. I'm sure I wasn't the calm, reasonable person I am today at that young age.

I imagine it is a pretty hard job to call all those races during Cup Week so he deserves credit for that. Remember that a lot of meetings these days have only 7 or 8 races, with small fields, so to call big fields and 11 or 12 races day after day during Cup Week is a bit of a mission.

The SI is pretty well off at the moment with racecallers. Certainly in no way inferior to the northern callers. I like the Aussie down south, we are lucky to have him as well.

On 6/30/2022 at 1:54 PM, Palliser said:

Anteater reared in the stalls and tossed Kylie Williams out the back. She got up limping and Matt Cross said something like we could have another scratching. McKenzie Chief who was galloping around the track took 8 minutes to catch. By then both jock and horse were passed fit to start. Matt Cross said something like wise before they jumped.. 

On 7/6/2022 at 2:22 PM, JOT said:

Anteater reared in the stalls and tossed Kylie Williams out the back. She got up limping and Matt Cross said something like we could have another scratching. McKenzie Chief who was galloping around the track took 8 minutes to catch. By then both jock and horse were passed fit to start. Matt Cross said something like wise before they jumped.. 

Matt Cross said it was a late scratching