RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Dalboy

NZ racing future

Personally and this is just my opinion, that NZ racing of all 3 codes should just be another racing state of Australia. The benefits of this would be ten fold, better betting pools, in-line drug testing over both countries, etc..

Also it would mean better stakes over the 3 codes to lure better dogs and horses from Australia. Personally I would love to see Chris Waller having a satellite stable in NZ. Australia just seems to run there racing industry so professionally, I think this could be the future, otherwise we could be left behind, but is only my opinion. 
I would like to know what other people think of this?

1 hour ago, Idolmite said:

Why would Australia want to put money into NZ dire racing situation? We'd have to pull off the con of the century to get them interested? 

We do have the best breeds?

1 hour ago, Dalboy said:

We do have the best breeds?

I don't think even that old adage applies anymore. How many Northern Hemisphere imports bought into Oz in last few years? Would be interesting to know how the figures relate to Kiwibreds......

1 hour ago, Idolmite said:

I don't think even that old adage applies anymore. How many Northern Hemisphere imports bought into Oz in last few years? Would be interesting to know how the figures relate to Kiwibreds......

No one including the racing minister seems to care about the future. Breeding numbers are way down, you can’t invent horses. They need to do something, or last one out turn off the lights!!