RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Dalboy

Dickson??

2 hours ago, eljay said:

Many drivers have been fined twice (or more) - should they be outted for life!??

No. I think what he is trying to say is that drug, or exotic substances, arsenic tonic etc offences, a fine is not sufficient punishment. Maybe a fine OK if a genuine slip-up but that's not usually the case. He is saying that the rules need to be strictly enforced. First time, fine OK and severed reprimand. Second offence, automatic loss of training licence. If everyone is aware of these rules and that they will enforced will clean up the industry. Unfortunately, there a still a few cowboy rogue trainers and owners out there, the industry does not need these people and they must be weeded out asap, in my humble opinion of course.

What's is the issue here ?

Is it on the JCA pages?

Off topic here 

Anyway, he has had his life turned upside  down , not knowing his future several times.  Was training on the Coast when Greymouth closed. Had concerns with Palmy dates reduced/ almost canned entirely and grass track circuit all but ceasing 

21 hours ago, Thejanitor said:

No. I think what he is trying to say is that drug, or exotic substances, arsenic tonic etc offences, a fine is not sufficient punishment. Maybe a fine OK if a genuine slip-up but that's not usually the case. He is saying that the rules need to be strictly enforced. First time, fine OK and severed reprimand. Second offence, automatic loss of training licence. If everyone is aware of these rules and that they will enforced will clean up the industry. Unfortunately, there a still a few cowboy rogue trainers and owners out there, the industry does not need these people and they must be weeded out asap, in my humble opinion of course.

What about the nil caffeine in system rule - versus athletics / Olympics which by memory have a 100 max - which can be caused by pissing at the back of your boxes after having a couple of a cups of coffee.

This is a shocking rule/threshold and needs to be in line with international  sport limits.

Last week totally innocent trainer looses $15k stake and $2 k fine but you are suggesting strike 1 suspension  and next positive out for life. 

The caffeine rule needs amendment immediately before you start throwing around life penalties . 

19 hours ago, LongOwner said:

What about the nil caffeine in system rule - versus athletics / Olympics which by memory have a 100 max - which can be caused by pissing at the back of your boxes after having a couple of a cups of coffee.

This is a shocking rule/threshold and needs to be in line with international  sport limits.

Last week totally innocent trainer looses $15k stake and $2 k fine but you are suggesting strike 1 suspension  and next positive out for life. 

The caffeine rule needs amendment immediately before you start throwing around life penalties . 

Sorry mate, don't know anything about caffeine rule, so I will have to take your word. Old Janitor doesn't drink coffee so no nil about it?

I guess there has to be some guideline mate? but zero seems harsh? Perhaps go with Olympic or World Athletics guidelines easiest?

There has to be some limit or these cowboy trainers would give their slow horses a bucket of Red Bull on raceday!

There is a complication why large fines are incurred as every trainer and indeed every participant has differing circumstances.  Scott Dickson has a long time partner Lydia Pickford who trains Gallopers from the same base as Scott as well as living together on the Hunterville property.Under current rules as I understand she would also not be able to live or train on the property.Therefore some leeway has been granted to Scott to pay large fines instead. His horses usually perform well and their quality and quantity help to bolster both manawatu fields and also Cambridge. It would be a sad day for Harness racing if the "slash and burn"merchants on here take over and remove the flexibility of a bit of compassion for a long standing  partnership in both harness and galloping fields.