RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
say no more

"Do Your Chips" comp - results thread

Still 40 minutes until closing time, but 45 entries in so far - I'm pretty happy with that.  Thought we might be down a few given the extra effort required to enter.  Thanks all for sticking with us.   Interesting to see the different strategies adopted.  The chart below plots the number of runners purchased by the 45 entrants.  Quite a range from as low as 6 runners to the top of 23.   Average and median around 11 runners.   Good luck all.

image.png.4e9dcc41f82c97264a0fe75f39a79a0a.png

Race 1 - Te Rapa R6

1st:  8 Argyll - 5 points
2nd:  7 Albaron - 3 points
3rd:  6 Carnaby - 2 points
4th:  2 Shamal - 1 point

Dogzstar with the quinella to take the early lead but he's spent nearly 1/3 of his chips.   Old computer and old browser today so hopefully you can read the table below.

The zeros in the next race indicate less than 3 runners chosen in that race.

image.png.1f460b4f5378cde170c81ef5b5e4c517.png

Race 2 - Te Rapa R7

1st:  8 Hot Pinx - 5 points
2nd:  15 Hot Salsa - 3 points
3rd:  5 Macs - 2 points
4th:  10 Rose Crescent- 1 point

#2 Tabata was late scratched - per the rules if you had Tabata (at a cost of 3 chips) your final points tally will be scaled up by a factor of 120/117 - not a huge difference but might split some ties.   Score updates won't reflect this scaling - I'll apply it at the end of the day. An asterisk next to an entrants name denotes a late scratching.

Six entrants spent only 4 chips to land that winner including the eloquent Kloppite and our beloved fellow scorer Ponderosa (Paul) whose "go long and go wide" strategy might be paying off.  Have we found your format at last Paul??

image.png.aec0e4c674fde22c9768192d3b1d860b.png

Race 3 - Te Rapa R8

1st:  4 New York Jazz - 5 points
2nd:  1 Crystallise - 3 points
3rd:  3 Aero De Paris - 2 points
4th:  7 Manrico - 1 point

#10 Oseleta was late scratched in this one.   Asterisks next to an entrant's name denotes the number of late scratchings they've had.  Scores will be scaled up after the final race.

Sayer with the quinella and Tasman Man (1st/3rd) join Paul at the top of the table.

image.png.1bd8eb46ffe79b4c10621a2c5d67fcc7.png

Race 4 - Flemington R5

1st:  8 Passive Aggressive - 5 points
2nd:  1 Star Patrol - 3 points
3rd:  4 Karacasu - 2 points
4th:  5 Pascero - 1 point

Houlahan and Kloppite climb into top spot but plenty still in contention.  A few down the bottom of the table with plenty of chips still to come into play.

I also notice Scooby has snuck into the top 5 - we definitely might be using this format again sometime.

image.png.c1f4ebdf73258be4f83b11d81f1bd3d3.png

Race 5 - Rosehill R7

1st:  8 Skyman - 5 points
2nd: 3 Dr Drill - 3 points
3rd:  9 Welsh Legend - 2 points
4th:  7 Youth Spirit - 1 point

Fourth #8 to win in five races.  Kloppite has been on all four of them and climbs into the outright lead (but has used over 100 chips).  Lynzim into 2nd but can't improve further and Scooby into 3rd - yes that's correct - don't adjust your monitors :)

image.png.74bf1402e90b9cca292bf6ef76c5a12e.png

Race 6 - Ipswich R7

1st:  7 Smart Meteor - 5 points
2nd: 5 Our Intrigue - 3 points
3rd:  8 Street Dancer - 2 points
4th:  15 Chakana - 1 point

Eye catching run from the Marsh runner - Chakana for 4th.  Kloppite still leads but Scooby's climb up the ladder continues. Arjay into 3rd and yours truly lurking just behind the leaders with some chips in hand.

image.png.455b561e2feba50c548909143dc587f8.png

Race 7 - Ipswich R8

1st:  3 Holyfield - 5 points
2nd: 2 Desert Lord - 3 points
3rd:  13 Sir Warwick - 2 points
4th:  4 Last Chance - 1 point

Arjay with the winner to take the lead with one to go, while Seddon bags the quinella to move into second place.

Looks like one of the favoured runners, #2 Juan Diva, is a late scratching in the next :(

image.png.02e735cb78528e10b6fb5cb04b5c867d.png

Race 8 - Ipswich R9

1st:  9 Centrefire - 5 points
2nd: 16 Maybe The Best - 3 points
3rd:  4 Majestic Shot - 2 points
4th:  8 Tycoon Evie - 1 point

Sayer with a nice quinella in the last to draw level with Arjay at the top. Judge just working through the tie-breaker to decide the winner.  Seddon rounds out the top three.

I haven't grossed up final scores for late scratchings as it won't impact the final outcome.

image.png.650fcb47a623c9e7a046f3736e68b9ce.png

Ok it was an interesting concept, certainly different, required more thought as John stated. Took me a bit of time to work out what I was doing and re checking my Chips. But again a great concept, so to John thanks, and to Scooby a great shout of appreciation. Although declared a win, feel very fortunate to get it. Cheers to all participants. 😄

1 hour ago, arjay said:

Ok it was an interesting concept, certainly different, required more thought as John stated. Took me a bit of time to work out what I was doing and re checking my Chips. But again a great concept, so to John thanks, and to Scooby a great shout of appreciation. Although declared a win, feel very fortunate to get it. Cheers to all participants. 😄

No worries well done...and just to be sure its a total $100 bet LOL..dont want another archer moment LOL....just kidding ...great picking and I agree a good concept that was very different .