RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

Oh No Frankie

Come on guys, from where he found himself in the running, he was tag teamed. The pace of the race couldn't see him doing anything else and in his yester-year Stradivarius would have mowed them down. Yep, he had to extradite himself out of a hole, but then he just didn't quite show that dash that he has in the past. That is all i think Frankie was saying.

3 hours ago, Berri said:

Come on guys, from where he found himself in the running, he was tag teamed. The pace of the race couldn't see him doing anything else and in his yester-year Stradivarius would have mowed them down. Yep, he had to extradite himself out of a hole, but then he just didn't quite show that dash that he has in the past. That is all i think Frankie was saying.

Personally I think he should have held his spot early then could have been a different result..not his greatest ride but beaten fair and square at the end...no point crying over spilt milk as they say.

Normally in a small field over 4,000m you would expect to get a run from the spot he was in. So probably just bad luck. If he had got a gap through the field earlier in the straight he may well have won it. In Australia or NZ half the field would have been dropping off by the turn and the gaps would have come.

His actions were no doubt a reflection of his previous years ride where he stayed on fence and got held up and beaten. This time he was looking to get out at any cost, if he stayed where he was the outcome would IMO be very different.

Either way Frankie has copped it big time in UK and on social media for this ride. 

The fact is the Gold Cup was a 600m sprint - both KYPRIOS and MOJO STAR (horses with proven speed at 2400-2800m) were able to sit close to the pace and quicken. The genuine stayers such as STRADIVARIUS and PRINCESS ZOE were hugely disadvantaged by the pace of the race.

I don't think it would have made any difference if Frankie had been closer - I don't think he'd have run down the first two.

KYPRIOS ran the final 400m in 24.53 seconds - NATURE STRIP ran his final 400m in 24.43 seconds - so at the end of a 4000m race they were going close to 1000m pace.

The only way for STRADIVARIUS to have won the race was for it to have been an end-to-end gallop - a real stamina test. 

If anything, Gosden was more critical of Dettori's ride on SAGA in the Britannia (which I've not reviewed). 

The view over here is this is the culmination of a long-running worsening relationship between the two men - John Gosden is going to hand over to his son Thady before long ad the weighing room is full of very capable young riders who are coming through.

Dettori can be temperamental and not easy to deal with when it's not going well - his interview with Racing UK was robust but for me marked the recognition the end wasn't far away - he'll ride abroad more I suspect going forward and it may be he'll provide the likes of Coolmore and even Godolphin with an option if they have runners in several different locations later in the season.

8 hours ago, stodge said:

The fact is the Gold Cup was a 600m sprint - both KYPRIOS and MOJO STAR (horses with proven speed at 2400-2800m) were able to sit close to the pace and quicken. The genuine stayers such as STRADIVARIUS and PRINCESS ZOE were hugely disadvantaged by the pace of the race.

I don't think it would have made any difference if Frankie had been closer - I don't think he'd have run down the first two.

KYPRIOS ran the final 400m in 24.53 seconds - NATURE STRIP ran his final 400m in 24.43 seconds - so at the end of a 4000m race they were going close to 1000m pace.

The only way for STRADIVARIUS to have won the race was for it to have been an end-to-end gallop - a real stamina test. 

You cant sit back and bludge if the pace is slack. You'll get out sprinted in the end.

Be like J Mac up and handy one out a couple back and evaluate.