RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
shaneMcAlister

Another abandonment halfway through programme

The track looked terrible, but why wouldn't it the amount of racing its been asked to do...it will be out for a while so one less to call on now.Wanganui out, New Plymouth under a cloud now Hawera looks totally stuffed now too....running out of options and Wellington will be absolutely bottomless on Saturday.

And who organised the synthetic at Awapuni only ready after winter racing has finished what a joke...but nothing gets said..the next 5 weeks supposed have two meetings at Waverly...two at Trentham a week apart, good luck getting fields there next weekend, Otaki,was hammered dunno how good it will be, Hastings which can you believe it was watered leading up to Mondays meeting....great course management..not,and then supposedly Awapuni, which more than likely will be at Trentham again.How many of these will get canned as they have no options to move anything to anywhere else now.

Hard to blame anyone for today really. I didn't see any races but it sounds like the weather was pretty horrendous. God knows what Trentham will be like. 

How far away from being finished is the Awapuni AWT? Is it because of construction on that track that the turf track isn't being used?

Interesting comparison with Ballarat today. The turf track meeting has been transferred to the synthetic. Based on the number of scratchings obviously most trainers weren't too keen on the idea.

From memory, I don't think a single potentially abandoned meeting has been moved to an AWT in NZ. I bet the powers that be are just waiting for that to occur so they can all say "see, we told you it was all worth while and we won't have any abandoned meetings in future."

46 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

And who organised the synthetic at Awapuni only ready after winter racing has finished what a joke...but nothing gets said..the next 5 weeks supposed have two meetings at Waverly...two at Trentham a week apart, good luck getting fields there next weekend, Otaki,was hammered dunno how good it will be, Hastings which can you believe it was watered leading up to Mondays meeting....great course management..not,and then supposedly Awapuni, which more than likely will be at Trentham again.How many of these will get canned as they have no options to move anything to anywhere else now.

I presume HB was watered because the jumpers would have complained if it was too firm.

We are only in early June, god knows what will happen in the CD over the next 4 or 5 months.

2 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

The track looked terrible, but why wouldn't it the amount of racing its been asked to do...it will be out for a while so one less to call on now.Wanganui out, New Plymouth under a cloud now Hawera looks totally stuffed now too....running out of options and Wellington will be absolutely bottomless on Saturday.

But don't worry Scooby - the Racing Board will close more racecourses over the next year!

46 minutes ago, Contentious said:

I wonder if Elastoplast or Bandaid are going to be approached for sponsorship in the CD in the near future. 😉

No wonder they built so many Ambulances in a great hurry!

2 hours ago, rdytdy said:

It was a visibility issue with heavy rain and mud being thrown up that they were abandoned. Too dangerous. Hard to ride if you can't see.  

I doubt that was the reason they had to move the rail after 1 race though! 

1 hour ago, We're Doomed said:

I presume HB was watered because the jumpers would have complained if it was too firm.

We are only in early June, god knows what will happen in the CD over the next 4 or 5 months.

No it was because they had done work on it for grass grubs and the grass wouldn't grow...what sort of dipstick waters a track in winter, it was the heavyiest Hastings had ever been...and today was always going to happen they ripped the course after the last meeting I was told 4 days ago it was a muddy mess in the straight how could they not have called it off before today....if senior jockeys were going to ride it would of been off, but hey send the kids around and how Mickey Mouse did NZ racing look again having to move the running rail in because they never allowed enough room...a joke in all every different way and what will happen who will be held responsible...nobody thats who.

2 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

No it was because they had done work on it for grass grubs and the grass wouldn't grow...what sort of dipstick waters a track in winter, it was the heavyiest Hastings had ever been...and today was always going to happen they ripped the course after the last meeting I was told 4 days ago it was a muddy mess in the straight how could they not have called it off before today....if senior jockeys were going to ride it would of been off, but hey send the kids around and how Mickey Mouse did NZ racing look again having to move the running rail in because they never allowed enough room...a joke in all every different way and what will happen who will be held responsible...nobody thats who.

None of that really matters though as I doubt Hawera will be tasked with holding a $300,000 Group 1 to attract the big crowds.

3 hours ago, MrBigStuff said:

Interesting comment under the photo - "a great asset for Palmerston North." I'm sure he meant the whole Central Districts. That's like saying the Riccarton AWT is a great asset for Christchurch when we all know its a great asset for the whole SI.

6 hours ago, Contentious said:

I doubt that was the reason they had to move the rail after 1 race though! 

Following the running of race 1 riders expressed concern regarding insufficient racing room from near the 800 metres to the 400 metres with the rail being out 8 metres. Races were delayed while the running rail was shifted inwards 2 metres with Race 2 run at 1.26 pm, Race 3 run at 1.56 pm, Races 4 through to 6 put back one race and Race 7 run at 4.08pm.

3 hours ago, rdytdy said:

Following the running of race 1 riders expressed concern regarding insufficient racing room from near the 800 metres to the 400 metres with the rail being out 8 metres. Races were delayed while the running rail was shifted inwards 2 metres with Race 2 run at 1.26 pm, Race 3 run at 1.56 pm, Races 4 through to 6 put back one race and Race 7 run at 4.08pm.

Really?

7 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

Interesting comment under the photo - "a great asset for Palmerston North." I'm sure he meant the whole Central Districts. That's like saying the Riccarton AWT is a great asset for Christchurch when we all know its a great asset for the whole SI.

Also "Savell said there was a lot of growth in the industry"

Anyone know where?