RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
2Piper

Raceday venues

Here we go again ? Why ?

The powers that be want to review the use of Rangiora as a venue alongside choosing between Timaru and Oamaru.

Obviously these ........  do not realize the importance these venues are to the locals and the popularity of them especially during the warmer months of the year  .  

As a Rangiora local I have seen it brimming with attendances. Usually you get bigger fields ( especially grass meetings) which encourages good division and punting that help the industry so they can get a bigger piece  of the TAB pie.

This has been posted on the HRNZ website " From The Chair".

How's your part of the woods looking ? What's  your thoughts ?

14 hours ago, 2Piper said:

Here we go again ? Why ?

The powers that be want to review the use of Rangiora as a venue alongside choosing between Timaru and Oamaru.

Obviously these ........  do not realize the importance these venues are to the locals and the popularity of them especially during the warmer months of the year  .  

As a Rangiora local I have seen it brimming with attendances. Usually you get bigger fields ( especially grass meetings) which encourages good division and punting that help the industry so they can get a bigger piece  of the TAB pie.

5 tracks in Southland, 4 on the West Coast yet the possibility of one between Ashburton and Wingatui, interesting thought process, oops sorry I forgot Kurow hides away as well, off the beaten track.

Orari, maybe you can understand, Oamaru, Timaru, hard to know.,we've discussed these issues in great detail but the powers that be probably dont read what others think, probably dont care either.

On 6/8/2022 at 6:39 PM, 2Piper said:

Here we go again ? Why ?

Keep Rangiora and Orari and close Motukarara that would be my preference...

Part of the access (Public)  to "the Mot" is through  local council domain land.  

Obviously , the powers to be are looking to fill the bank account.

The thing Rangiora has over "The Mot"  is two proper raceday tracks (all weather and grass) . The Mot's all-weather is used for workouts and trials. At Rangiora,  if really bad weather they can move the meeting from grass to all-weather. 'The Mot' has had two meetings abandoned  in recent times.

On 6/11/2022 at 3:38 PM, Thejanitor said:

Keep Rangiora and Orari and close Motukarara that would be my preference...

I’m not sure we need both Mot and Rangiora.  My observation over a number of years is that on a nice day you can get good crowds to Motukarara and families as it has a picnic atmosphere.  I don’t think the same is true for Rangiora.   If Rangiora was closed perhaps money could be put into up grading Mot and make it a training centre as well for young trainers while they get established.