RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
say no more

"Bingo" comp - Sat 11 June - how it will work (not an entry thread)

How good are you at picking horses to finish 6th, 7th, 8th, ....?  We've used similar formats lately so time to mix it up and try something a little different - might give a few of us a chance to oust those who have been travelling well in recent comps :)  A bit gimmicky but let's see how it goes.

The objective is to fill out your Bingo card.  12 races, 2 picks in each race.

You need one of your 20 runners to finish in each of these positions:  1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11+     First person to fill out their card wins.  

You also get one free slot of your own choosing - when you submit your picks you will choose one position that you get to mark off before we even start.  eg.  if you struggle to pick a winner you might choose 1 as your free slot.

We will target races with large fields - not necessarily the biggest stakes races.   Results will take a bit longer than usual as it takes some time for final finishing orders to be posted.

Ties:  If more than one entrant fills out their card in the same race, the tie will be split by who filled out #1 spot first, then #2 spot, then #3 spot, etc....    If nobody fills out their card the winner will be the person with the most spots filled.  If there is a tie for most spots filled then the winner will be the entrant with the lower total (when you add up the filled spots).  

23 minutes ago, Al Feilding said:

Maybe just me John but I can’t quite get the gist, can I have a wee example.🤯🤯🤯

Sure thing.  Let's say I choose 3 (or 3rd) as my free slot, and in the first race my two chosen runners finish 4th and 8th.  On my Bingo card I've now checked off 3, 4 and 8.

In Race 2 my runners finish 2nd and 5th, and in the 3rd race my runners finish 4th (no help to me because I've already checked 4) and 12th.

So after three races my Bingo card has the following placings marked off:  2,3,4,5,8 and 11+ and I've still got 1,6,7,9 and 10 to go.

Does that make sense?  Bit of a lottery and somewhat gimmicky but thought we'd try something different.

2 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

So it should help me you need to pick some to finish at the pointy end and some to finish middle of the pack and some to go with the backend where most of mine like to hang out.😆

I`ll be following some of your tips for sure!!

One point of clarification.

"11+" is the highest entry on the card.  This means any horse that runs 11th or 12th or 13th or 14th or ......   You don't have to pick a horse to specifically run 12th or 13th - you just need one horse to finish 11th or worse.

A few entries in already and one has chosen 12th and another 13th for their free slot.  I will record these as 11+ for the free slot.