RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
MrBigStuff

Saundry

4 hours ago, MrBigStuff said:

Bernard Saundry appointed as CEO of RSN Radio in Victoria the primary race broadcaster for all three codes.

Well Done. Obviously oversaw the creation of Racing.com and knows his stuff. A loss for NZ but he did a job and did it well

Running a radio station is probably easier than running a racing industry. Hard to think of anything memorable he left behind him here.

5 hours ago, MrBigStuff said:

Bernard Saundry appointed as CEO of RSN Radio in Victoria the primary race broadcaster for all three codes.

Well Done. Obviously oversaw the creation of Racing.com and knows his stuff. A loss for NZ but he did a job and did it well

What did he do and more particularly, what did he do well?

1 hour ago, poundforpound said:

He didn’t cause any controversy, a steady hand on the wheel, he was approachable and I always found him a fair & reasonable bloke to deal with

I’d suggest he was quite an improvement on the bloke before him !!!

100% P4P
synthetic tracks - would still be talking about them if he hadn’t been at the helm.

Lifted prizemoney - we would always love more but he did get some through. Lifted the codes marketing arm because the TAB have done a terrible job at that.

On 6/6/2022 at 6:54 PM, We're Doomed said:

Running a radio station is probably easier than running a racing industry. Hard to think of anything memorable he left behind him here.

Maybe he will implement the radio racing model of New Zealand

1 hour ago, Insider said:

Too late is my guess as they gave away or sold all the radio frequencies that the industry owned. 

I too found Saundry very approachable etc. 

I was excited when he got the role as I beleived he was the person that oversaw racing.com which is a great racing website.  I was hoping he would drive a smiliar change through loveracing.nz website but it didn't happen.  That was my biggest dissapointment with his time here.

3 hours ago, Insider said:

Too late is my guess as they gave away or sold all the radio frequencies that the industry owned. 

I was being a bit smart, the NZ model was good until they sold it off to a bunch of cowboys.

But hey instead of racing on Saturday you can listen to the Warriers or the worriers as they should be called, brilliant.