RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Crow

Wanganui

53 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

Was it Colman that Walsh rode on the outside fence all the way to win at Trentham?

Didn't he ride Colman with 2 whips one in each hand

Some on here may be quick to find fault with whanganui but I have been reliably informed a group of stalwarts do in fact walk the whole track after each affected meeting and do replace divots and stamp them . this helps with grass revival of course and with other longer term remedies will eventually maintain racing at a good inner city racecourse with very good facilities.. 

15 hours ago, Roger Sugrue said:

Yes I'm sure you are correct Crow.......used to battle away with the other renowned mudder Alwick trained by Mr Waterman who lived right beside the Manawatu Gorge

Remember Alwick racing  in his later years and the stipes stopped Mr Waterman from racing  him after the horse had finished last about 12 times in a row by various margins. Paul Worthington just starting out of was riding him at the time before he moved to Kevin Grays.

12 minutes ago, john legend said:

Some on here may be quick to find fault with whanganui but I have been reliably informed a group of stalwarts do in fact walk the whole track after each affected meeting and do replace divots and stamp them . this helps with grass revival of course and with other longer term remedies will eventually maintain racing at a good inner city racecourse with very good facilities.. 

The whole track not the problem only the 1400m corner and no one has bagged the way the put back the track after the races or their facilities there but now they going to add the greyhound track to the property and you can see that on the Wanganui Greyhound Racing Club facebook page

20 hours ago, Roger Sugrue said:

Yes I'm sure you are correct Crow.......used to battle away with the other renowned mudder Alwick trained by Mr Waterman who lived right beside the Manawatu Gorge

I remember an article in a local  paper years ago about Alwick , apparently Bill Waterman had complained bitterly to the authorities about a neighbouring farmer spraying Pig Effluent onto paddocks next to his horse paddocks , The following week Alwick won and the Headline in the paper was "Pig shit makes horse fly" .

Pretty sure I can remember him bring his horses to the track on his trailer float and he would back them off his trailer float with the trackwork riders on them,

I reckon the delay to Cambridge trials, and the abandonment at Woodville make sound common sense, congratulations. If last weeks friday rain had fallen on Saturday Te Rapa would have been called off at some point, for safety reasons. Te Rapa played ok I thought, reasonably fair but those at the back struggled somewhat. Ride of the day Maria Sanson on Shocking Penny, just a steal !!