RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
poundforpound

Bit of chaos at Epsom

I thought the best line was  …..It describes itself as a “mass movement using nonviolent civil disobedience to call for a just, sustainable plant-based food system”.

Sure to be well received in some parts of town and by some political parties 

Animal Rebellion protesters run on to track before Epsom Derby | Animal welfare | The Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jun/04/animal-rebellion-protesters-run-on-to-track-before-epsom-derby

I recorded the Derby and saw a mere two seconds of that.  I thought it had been removed to avoid giving the protesters the thing they enjoy more than anything else; "publicity".  It would seem that the feed we get here in N.Z. just shows the screen with no talking whilst the British endure 60 seconds of advertising.  There was a similar break in the telecast prior to the Oaks.

There's plenty of history with individuals running on to the course.

Emily Davison in 1913 was killed trying to grab ANMER who was owned by George V. Neither the horse nor his jockey were injured and indeed both raced again at Royal Ascot a fortnight later.

I don't know whether you get the Racing UK feed on Trackside or whether it's the ITV pictures. Both will have advertising breaks which are largely filled by British bookies these days. During these breaks, it's pictures and no sound.

There's been no real mention of disruption (or chaos if you prefer) at the Derby Festival in the UK media apart from The Guardian. That may be enlightening in itself.

12 hours ago, Tauhei Notts said:

I think that fireworks display immediately prior to The Derby was damned stupid.

Indeed and has been criticised by jockey Adam Kirby and the course commentators.

Epsom have pointed out Meydan did something similar but it seemed inappropriate.