RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

Sheryl Wigg free to train and drive

Sheryl Wigg free to train and drive

1 June 2022 , News

Trainer-driver Sheryl Wigg has had her licences re-instated, after being disqualified earlier this year.

In February Wigg was disqualified for one year and seven months after admitting charges of administering a substance to three horses before they were due to race at Alexandra Park.

The disqualification came into effect on February 17 2022 and was to conclude on September 17 2023.

She has since lodged an appeal with the High Court. The High Court has indicated it will hear the matter in August. Until that hearing she has been granted a stay of penalty and her Licence to Train and Advanced Amateur Driver’s Licence have been reinstated.

This is going to be a fascinating appeal case.

Geez I don't get it, surely our Harness judiciary must have had proof of her alleged wrong doin why they penalised her in the first instance, or as in the Inca case were they blowin hot air; either way this aint the best look for our sport.....an appeal in the High Court she must be fairly confident or why outlay all that cash to re-fight this?

Cheers Iraklis

20 hours ago, Iraklis said:

Geez I don't get it, surely our Harness judiciary must have had proof of her alleged wrong doin why they penalised her in the first instance, or as in the Inca case were they blowin hot air; either way this aint the best look for our sport.....an appeal in the High Court she must be fairly confident or why outlay all that cash to re-fight this?

Cheers Iraklis

Well Inca cases dropped I here - 3 high profile drivers/trainers - do I get reinstated to full membership on this site and receive numerous apologises from those who had everyone lined up and shot as I continued to educate you about facts and justice.

Now all at RIU must be fired and we start again. Incompetent bunch with personal non informed crusade - totally unprofessional .

Excuse me LongOwner, I was not one of those you were supposedly tryin to educate about anythin to do with Inca, and I certainly never had anyone lined up an shot...perhaps you need to take a leaf out of yuh own book, check yuh facts and justice....apologies to you from me not at all, about anything! as to the RIU, yep incompetence comes to mind but I doubt anythin will be done about them, yet....

Cheers Iraklis

Inca was always an absolute joke, fueled by jealousy, liars, and incompetent current and ex cops 

12 million dollars wasted whilst the Chch mosque shooter was operating unnoticed under their nose 

Wait until the media tell the true story and the evidence is laid bare, for example ex cops claiming taking a blood post race is “blood doping” 

Inca was a farce the day it started, and it ends six years later the way it started, one bitter lying car dealer who fooled a cluster of not particularly bright ex and current cops …they should all hang their heads in shame 

Do you guys realise that a LOT of cases that go to court, are given Not Guilty from various reasons (beyond reasonable doubt , etc)

Bloody stupid saying 'Shoot the prosecution' because they Didn't Win the case. Try and prosecute the lies from offenders and see how you go?.

Posters here should hang their heads in shame for trying to bag the authorities that are needed to Keep the Game Clean and the participants honest . 

Would be total CHAOS without them .  where money is involved you know it brings out the calculating and the devious. Believe it or not . Always has in racing. 

9 hours ago, Pure Steel said:

Do you guys realise that a LOT of cases that go to court, are given Not Guilty from various reasons (beyond reasonable doubt , etc)

Bloody stupid saying 'Shoot the prosecution' because they Didn't Win the case. Try and prosecute the lies from offenders and see how you go?.

Posters here should hang their heads in shame for trying to bag the authorities that are needed to Keep the Game Clean and the participants honest . 

Would be total CHAOS without them .  where money is involved you know it brings out the calculating and the devious. Believe it or not . Always has in racing. 

I don’t they we are saying no RIU and a free for all .

We are saying it needs a serious spring clean with new staff and change in appeal and bench personnel plus structure .

All the stipes with personal crusades, driven by jealousy , wrote excited child like  emails that the raids will be so much fun  , cannot read a race and could not find any money trail need to be fired .

The present association  between RIU and trainer, driver and industry is at a condemn all stage with hate drivers by the suits.

All parties need to build trust between each other and this has to lead by the RIU as over the last 10 plus years they have managed to loose all the respect they had.

They are not the FBI , NZPolice, secret service . They are enforcing rules of racing with respect and fairness so - 

- all failed cops need to steep down as been there too long , failed in there role and lost all respect in the sport 

- all failed junior drivers need to go as cannot read a race and have also lost respect in the sport because of been over jealous of others (terrible trait) 

- the hearing bench needs cleaned out  as full of zipper framed old judges , people who don’t know the sport , have preconceived or directed ideas / penalties and are liking in the “old world” of judiciary .

- bench and appeal bench needs seperate administration and totally divorced appointees.

I could go on but respect is earned and the present lot will never be respected.

The  whole sport / industry needs to respect the judiciary - which we have at a few years ago - until a few dictators in stipe roles started to run the whole show.

Pure mate understand your sentiment, however the way Inca hit with all the hoopla and now all these years later nothin? RIU/RIB or whatever, in the middle of their name I, is for INTEGRITY! and from what I've seen there hasn't been a whole lot of that, lot of lives ruined, suspicions and accusations all over the show, and for what? where's all the vast amounts of prosecutions..NADA! hey I agree someone has to police the sport, but geez get it right for cryin out loud....until somethin comes of all the crap stirred mate, I'll not hold my head in shame over nothin, and I do not believe any other posters should either, we all have a right to question matters and until some integrity by the Authorities is shown, they will only get more questions; this Sheryl Wigg situation for example, either they got it right at the start or they didn't, for chrissakes....

Hey P4P, is the Inca crap still ongoin or has it just been left to fade from people's memories?

Cheers Iraklis

1 hour ago, Iraklis said:

t, however the way Inca hit with all the hoopla and now all these years later nothin? RIU/RIB or whatever, in the middle of their name I, is for INTEGRITY!

Yeah I see you all saying they failed . But I see it (and many in the industry see it ) as a Success. Why?. Because the very presence of an investigating body must Alter the thought and actions  of the industry participants doing something against the rules. Did RIU process leading Trainer Nigel McGrath ?  (BTW ,His sentence was extremely Excessive IMO ) It deter others though .

Obviously didn't deter some like Alford . Also caught . a good thing for what he was doing . It deters others though.

I'm glad some cases are found Not Guilty too .(I did jury service recently and we gave a not guilty verdict, NO SHAME to the prosecution who tried to get him jailed, was just a silly case as that what turns up time to time ) Inca can investigate whatever IMO. It deters ...............

Sheryl Wigg doing a great job and was chucked out for using a few plain additives ? seemed a silly idea to me.(getting DQ for that)... Very glad she is back . Harness racing NZ needs competitors like her.. .

Pure mate, word of advice quit tryin to sit on the fence, it's kinda hard to tell from your posts which way you lean....what's the good of an Investigatin body if their convictions don't stick, and or overturned, or never amount anythin other flushin a few druggies outta the woodwok? that doesn't deter anybody, in fact it's an encouragement to some and makes the whole Unit a laughin stock...investigate sure but get it gardamm right an correct, and make sure those deterrents stick. Both Inca and the Wigg issue were made known through mainstream news in a very public manner, and for mine people read and see this and judge, perhaps wrongly but that's what happens; it behoves the Unit to at least finish the job, and get any results made public so any persons not actually convicted can be cleared to get on with their lives.....just sayin

Cheers Iraklis

Pure Steel…..you’re a poorly read fool

No Inca case or specific charge has been substantiated by credible evidence that warranted a trial

There is no “not guilty”, it’s simply a case of there being no evidence that the courts deemed warranted a trial, it was all fictitious 

You're also conveniently conflating peripheral charges that may have occurred, but that had nothing to do with Inca 

Don’t drown in your own toxicity fella, you were on the wrong side of history here, as was the RIB and the Police ….and that’s how you should all be judged 

1 hour ago, poundforpound said:

Pure Steel…..you’re a poorly read fool

No Inca case or specific charge has been substantiated by credible evidence that warranted a trial

Yes , I just tend to read harness forums and the racehorse form in the main , so there is a lot of poor stuff involved lol. you could be right. 

I was involved in harness in Nz and Aus for many years. Once in Nz we started the wrong horse as another .good outcome too.  funny things happen when you can get away with them.

You need 'Authorities ' and investigators constantly working to stop this sort of thing happening . Excellent IMO that your hated mob have finished without a trial. How good? and yet you complain??. Harness Racing NZ would of looked far, far, far far worse if they convicted some of the greats.  

In Aus , they just get on with it . Many of the greats have been caught , taken to court , convicted , done their time , and now all back driving and training winners like they always did. I'm talking Pitt, Jack, S Graham , Vicki Rasmussen to name but 4 cases of many. none of the 'everyones innocent 'that is portraited on lots of Nz threads . do the crime. do the time. 

You all Know there's a LOT of stuff going on (McGrath and Alford and friends are proving it) but don't want to admit it . carry on then ......

Inca was Inca …. it has come to nothing ( one race is still under scrutiny ) 

Meantime the bitter feds and their agents are this week vituperatively raiding high profile barns on the basis “we have an anonymous tip off from an unnamed person that an unnamed horse owned by an unknown person was dispatched from this barn today with unspecified injuries that could be an animal welfare issue”

They’ve got nothing, they’ve never had anything …. the original complainant was grossly unreliable and the support from active and retired police was a travesty of justice, or orchestrated evidence 

This whole affair is a dirty stain on the industry, as those of us who’ve read the evidence have always maintained 

Hey P4P “we have an anonymous tip off from an unnamed person that an unnamed horse owned by an unknown person was dispatched from this barn today with unspecified injuries that could be an animal welfare issue” that pretty much sums it up 😆 you a hard case alright...

Cheers Iraklis

7 hours ago, Pure Steel said:

Yes , I just tend to read harness forums and the racehorse form in the main , so there is a lot of poor stuff involved lol. you could be right. 

I was involved in harness in Nz and Aus for many years. Once in Nz we started the wrong horse as another .good outcome too.  funny things happen when you can get away with them.

You need 'Authorities ' and investigators constantly working to stop this sort of thing happening . Excellent IMO that your hated mob have finished without a trial. How good? and yet you complain??. Harness Racing NZ would of looked far, far, far far worse if they convicted some of the greats.  

In Aus , they just get on with it . Many of the greats have been caught , taken to court , convicted , done their time , and now all back driving and training winners like they always did. I'm talking Pitt, Jack, S Graham , Vicki Rasmussen to name but 4 cases of many. none of the 'everyones innocent 'that is portraited on lots of Nz threads . do the crime. do the time. 

You all Know there's a LOT of stuff going on (McGrath and Alford and friends are proving it) but don't want to admit it . carry on then ......

Absolutely right. The free masonry of the harness community meant the Inca charges were always going to be tough to prove, but absence of evidence isn't the same thing as evidence of absence. There's a lot of denial going on...

13 hours ago, Basil said:

Absolutely right. The free masonry of the harness community meant the Inca charges were always going to be tough to prove, but absence of evidence isn't the same thing as evidence of absence. There's a lot of denial going on...

Rubbish - no evidence in crown case(s). 

On 6/4/2022 at 2:30 PM, poundforpound said:

Inca was Inca …. it has come to nothing ( one race is still under scrutiny ) 

Meantime the bitter feds and their agents are this week vituperatively raiding high profile barns on the basis “we have an anonymous tip off from an unnamed person that an unnamed horse owned by an unknown person was dispatched from this barn today with unspecified injuries that could be an animal welfare issue”

They’ve got nothing, they’ve never had anything …. the original complainant was grossly unreliable and the support from active and retired police was a travesty of justice, or orchestrated evidence 

This whole affair is a dirty stain on the industry, as those of us who’ve read the evidence have always maintained 

PFP

This looks like it will play out exactly how the N Jack,M Pitt case is over here

The falsely accused will want a royal commission into the entire case , and heads must roll , and they will want to  be reimbursed their costs 

The enquiry into the cases here are well advanced