RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Blue

Sword of State.

30 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

I see he cost $600,000 and won $300,000, with quite a few expenses to come out of that. It does show you do need to get a good return at stud to justify the big outlay.

You forgot the sale price as a Stallion...I think they will be on the better side of the ledger...😉

25 minutes ago, Baz (NZ) said:

We need to get back to our knitting.
Breeding with good Miler/Staying Sires...producing tough classic types we are renowned for.
Trying to compete with Australia using sprinting Sires is detrimental to our female bloodlines. JMO.

Good point. Must of the top class middle distance horses in Aussie these days are European imports. Just look at the Doomben Cup result. That's where the niche is these days, but we just don't seem to produce that type anymore.

4 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

He will still be full.... well bred.... well performed... son of a hot stallion.... who should throw speed...then the rest is up to him.

I think the Aussies come to NZ to buy our stayers not our sprinters.  I personally would rather be selling a Proisir, Ace High or Tarzino at the yearling sales. JMO.

Shamus Award by Snitzel has sired good stayers, like Incentivise and Oaks winner El Patroness. Burgandy a sprinter and former sire at Cambridge Stud sired NZ Oaks winner Belle En Rouge.

Home bred mares won't be paying a stud fee but the name of the game is getting foals on the ground and then to the races. I just thought there are some handy new stallion options in that $7-$12 K range with good credentials and he was dear enough for a start.