RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
poundforpound

Huge High Court decision for Sheryl Wigg and the industry

Stay of execution granted ….RIB decision effectively over turned 

Substantive High Court re-hearing scheduled for three months time 

There is now hope that this abusive behaviour, and the toxic culture of the RIB, is finally being scrutinized by the courts, and it’ll be shown to be what it really is, and thus it’ll come to an end 

This should give all the industry battlers hope and the courage to stand up to this abusive and disproportionally punitive behaviour 

Agree with you. The R.I.B. case, as reported, has more holes than a golf course;

1/ 'the rule "makes no reference to a substance being, or having to be, "performance-enhancing" (or a "prohibited substance")'.

Then the rule it is quite pointless. Can water be considered a substance that is potentially performance-enhancing?

2/ If the method of administering is critical, could the same substance be administered without question?

Again, would watering by a syringe be unacceptable?

3/ the 'one clear day' rule also looks suspect, unless scientific evidence is available for any substance administered to a horse, say 2-3 days before racing.

4/ 'it is well-known that turmeric is a spice with health benefits and it has some potentially anti-inflammatory properties although this has not been (the) (sic) subject to scientific peer review'.

So, it is bad because ....? Wouldn't water have an anti-inflammatory effect?

My doctor recently recommended a "well-known" herbal product for me. When I checked on Cochrane, there was no significant evidence to support that but it remains "well-known" and people still buy it, so it must be true?

This decision just looks stupid. The substance might, or might not, be of benefit to a horse but isn't banned and there is no good evidence to its efficacy.

Is this ca-ca? Looks like it!