RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

Punters Promise- Will it stop the moaners?

Today we are introducing Punters Promise. This is our promise to you that every punter will get a fair crack to take us on and win big with TAB. We are now guaranteeing to sell all of our customers a bet to win at least $2,000 on all three domestic racing codes.

We know there is nothing worse than finding a horse or dog you like at good odds, but then getting your bet limited when you try to get on. We also know that we need to ensure we are maximising the returns to New Zealand’s racing and sports communities, so it is a balancing act for us, but we are committed to operating a level playing field for all of our customers.

Here’s what you need to know about Punters Promise:

• It’s available on all New Zealand racing and on all three codes
  • It’s available as soon as a market opens, right through to the jump
  • It’s available on the fixed odds win market as soon as the odds are available, and
  • It guarantees customers a $2,000 win threshold across every race, calculated as a bet to win amount

For example: a horse/dog at odds of $5, we will guarantee to sell each customer a $500 bet, to win $2000 ($500 x $5 = $2,500 potential return, less $500 stake = $2000 potential win amount)

How does this compare to Australian betting operators and the Minimum Bet Limits (MBLs)?
It’s much better! Australian betting operators are forced to comply with the terms and conditions of each state’s racing administrative body, so they’re not offering the MBLs by choice. This means that there are varying thresholds in place and different conditions which makes it very confusing, but we’ve simplified it:

• While $500 is the lowest threshold (provincial harness and greyhounds), we’ve decided to adopt the highest threshold ($2,000) in Australia (which exists for metropolitan thoroughbred racing) for Punters Promise, across all three codes.
  • In Australia, most of these MBLs only apply on the day of the race meeting. We’re committed to letting our customers have a fair crack from the time that we release our odds, so Punters Promise will apply as soon as the market is available to bet on.

So my 6 race multi I'll only get $2000 profit ? Even when adding the odds are like 13 k ? ( for a $1 bet ) 

Sept 3rd 2020

Targaryen $11

My Mate Ben $3

The High Ruler  fav $2

Wattlebank Lass $2.50

Get Lucky $1.85  2nd  (bad luck)

I'm Watching You $8

Going by memory I did have a multi place bet on alll 6 and got it.

Have had multis the added up to 7 figures but we're maxed out on return at $1,000,001 .

6 hours ago, 2Piper said:

So my 6 race multi I'll only get $2000 profit ? Even when adding the odds are like 13 k ? ( for a $1 bet ) 

Sept 3rd 2020

Targaryen $11

My Mate Ben $3

The High Ruler  fav $2

Wattlebank Lass $2.50

Get Lucky $1.85  2nd  (bad luck)

I'm Watching You $8

Going by memory I did have a multi place bet on alll 6 and got it.

Have had multis the added up to 7 figures but we're maxed out on return at $1,000,001 .

I think you should be ok given the words "At least" $2000" suggesting more can be returned

20 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

to sell all of our customers a bet to win at least $2,000