RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tripple alliance

Training fees will rise

Look what's happening around the world , grain is going through the roof , a few international examples which must flow onto us . Oats up 86.9% ,Corn/Maize up 25% presumably Barley the same and other grains not horse related are strong , rice 30% , wheat 76% also various oils soy etc average around 30% and then the trainers cup of coffee up 42% add to that crude oil up 66% and here's an interesting  one on a frosty morning in the south Coal up 288% , no matter how you look at it, its unavoidable , training fees will be going up .

Already have, plus freight to trials and race day, time to get out why you got money in your pocket, look at Gavelhouse, expensive to keep unless commercial

5 hours ago, tripple alliance said:

Look what's happening around the world , grain is going through the roof , a few international examples which must flow onto us . Oats up 86.9% ,Corn/Maize up 25% presumably Barley the same and other grains not horse related are strong , rice 30% , wheat 76% also various oils soy etc average around 30% and then the trainers cup of coffee up 42% add to that crude oil up 66% and here's an interesting  one on a frosty morning in the south Coal up 288% , no matter how you look at it, its unavoidable , training fees will be going up .

Maybe if the oil wasn't so crude then the price might not be so rude😄

Some might like that comment, some maybe not😎

An update x trainers association .  WHAT THE MINIMUM WAGE INCREASE MEANS . With the introduction of the additional Public Holiday, Matariki, now ten days sick pay per year and an increase of the minimum wage effective 1st April 2022  Trainers need to increase their daily charge to recover this cost by $2.92 per day. This of course does not allow for any overhead and margin on the additional cost and is exclusive of gst. Other concerns Trainers should have is the increase in their supply costs because of rising fuel prices and supply constraints which in addition to their labour cost increases is fuelling the current inflationary and interest rate hikes, all will effect Trainers costs and bottom line. any Trainer charging under $95.00 per day would be losing money. Trainers should be charging no less than $125.00 per day.    I Make that $875 a week , not sure if that includes gst .

On 5/30/2022 at 8:55 PM, tripple alliance said:

any Trainer charging under $95.00 per day would be losing money. Trainers should be charging no less than $125.00 per day.    I Make that $875 a week , not sure if that includes gs

I find this quite staggering.  Who can tell another busiess at what level they lose money, they might have less interest, less overheads, less staff etc.

A statement like "trainers should be charging no less than $125 per day" threads a thin line with the commerce commission and their view on price fixing.

3 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Its like the announcement that came out a few months ago virtually trying to push small trainers out..its not right.

Exactly, it is like saying that Rangiriri pub must charges the same for a pint of beer as a pub at the viaduct.  Just stamping on the small people.

I thought they would have realised that their communication re "high performing trainings not competing with those on low cost operating models"  was not real received.

52 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

I have been corrected.  This is quote is from a letter written into the trainers association, not from the trainers association.

WHAT THE MINIMUM WAGE INCREASE MEANS
The Trainers' Association is very fortunate to have had an extremely astute trainer, Bruce Wallace provide a great analysis of the ramifications of the wage increase.
"With the introduction of the additional Public Holiday, Matariki, now ten days sick pay per year and an increase of the minimum wage effective 1st April 2022  Trainers need to increase their daily charge to recover this cost by $2.92 per day. This of course does not allow for any overhead and margin on the additional cost and is exclusive of gst.

Other concerns Trainers should have is the increase in their supply costs because of rising fuel prices and supply constraints which in addition to their labour cost increases is fuelling the current inflationary and interest rate hikes, all will effect Trainers costs and bottom line.

Of course, Trainers have the option to absorb these cost but I doubt many would be able to do this.

I have once again attached the updated Burden Rate Labour Calculation template and our letter which we will be sending out to our owners with this month’s invoices.

I would strongly suggest that any Trainer charging under $95.00 per day would be losing money. Trainers should be charging no less than $125.00 per day."

Here are the links to the spreadsheet analysis and the suggested letter for owners.

7 hours ago, shaneMcAlister said:

I have been corrected.  This is quote is from a letter written into the trainers association, not from the trainers association.

The e mail was directly from the trainers association to all trainers , the trainers association sent it so presumably they endorse it , Leggy has provided the full version .