RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Contentious

2200m Open Hcp $60,000 - 5 nominations

5 minutes ago, Contentious said:

Wellington Racing Club - any alarm bells ringing yet?

If you want horses at your meetings do something to look after the owners, trainers and stablehands of said horse!

I think its more the lack of open class stayers. Surely a $25,000 boost to the stake would more than make up for not giving the owners a free Tui.

13 hours ago, Contentious said:

If it is the lack of open class stayers - why programme the race at that stake?

The extra stakes is from Masterton racing club for our 150th jubilee meeting, pretty disappointing field alright for that money....so I guess stakes money isn't the real problem in NZ racing 

52 minutes ago, Aaron Bidlake said:

The extra stakes is from Masterton racing club for our 150th jubilee meeting, pretty disappointing field alright for that money....so I guess stakes money isn't the real problem in NZ racing 

It's a bit sad that Masterton gets allocated a winters day at Trentham for their day in the sun. And money into a race that was never going to attract a decent field. Opaki was always a chilly place for a racemeeting though. I had some cold days there over the years.

And as Aaron says, the stake has only a minor affect on the field quality so we do need to start looking beyound stakes as the blunt instrument to solve all Racing's problems.

My understanding is that Masterton chose this day to run the 150 Jubilee Cup.

They could have run it at the Tauherenikau New Year's meeting in front of a massive crowd and attracted a good field while there were plenty of stayers racing. 

46 minutes ago, tripple alliance said:

The noms are left open until the following morning when they are small .

Some might throw their hat in the ring after seeing the low numbers of noms  nothing to lose, but some of those late noms were probably in other fields