RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Pukemoe

Riccarton Synthetic

I don't know if I'm seeing something that's not there but......... please correct me if I'm wrong but......... I watched the replays for Riccarton gallops on the synthetic and it appeared to me that on more than one occasion the horses were not comfortable on in, particularly in the home straight, to my eye they were not keen to completely let down.

Jockeys, trainers and owners please clarify this for me??!!!!

52 minutes ago, arjay said:

The times recorded on the day were ok I feel, 1.09 and 1.10 for 1200, and a 1.22 and change for 1400, don't really back that up?🙁

Those times indicate that at least one horse in each race enjoyed the track. Distances from first to last were interesting, especially considering the fields were small and the track was consistent: 15L, 15L, 14L, 25L, 13L, 9L, 41L, 15L, and 24L. That would tend to indicate that some horses didn't handle it at all, which isn't surprising of course. At least the trainers gave it a go and now they will have a better idea which of their horses like the surface.

2 hours ago, arjay said:

The times recorded on the day were ok I feel, 1.09 and 1.10 for 1200, and a 1.22 and change for 1400, don't really back that up?🙁

I'm not talking about times here, I'm looking at the horses action and willingness?

3 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

Those times indicate that at least one horse in each race enjoyed the track. Distances from first to last were interesting, especially considering the fields were small and the track was consistent: 15L, 15L, 14L, 25L, 13L, 9L, 41L, 15L, and 24L. That would tend to indicate that some horses didn't handle it at all, which isn't surprising of course. At least the trainers gave it a go and now they will have a better idea which of their horses like the surface.

Good valid point🙂

23 hours ago, Pukemoe said:

I don't know if I'm seeing something that's not there but......... please correct me if I'm wrong but......... I watched the replays for Riccarton gallops on the synthetic and it appeared to me that on more than one occasion the horses were not comfortable on in, particularly in the home straight, to my eye they were not keen to completely let down.

Jockeys, trainers and owners please clarify this for me??!!!!

Go watch any replays with the same intent you watched these races. It is the same most race days on a variety of surfaces. I am sure plenty of horses - let down - okay