RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
MrBigStuff

Ellerslie - ATR

Anyone have any updates on the progress of the work on the new racing surface?

Yes I know it’s a big job but thought there might be some updates on their social media channels but cannot find anything.

some progress updates would be great to see. 

Maybe one of our Auckland "cafer's" could take a Sunday drive up to, over to or down to Ellerslie and pop their head over the running rail and describe what they see.

I suggest that they take along their trusty phone and take a picture or two and then post them on here.

Thanks

Liz

I had a peek today and can tell you progress is being made.

There were 5 big diggers in action plus smaller machinery putting in pipes and pouring sand/ gravel etc .

All the running rails had gone  , steeple chase fences gone  .

The area that had the fence out of straight has been cleared as its been advertised for sale .

But although several machines and workers were busy to my untrained eye I would say the task has barely started and the job very much in it's early stage.

The Golf course and driving range was busy and the Ascot car park almost full !

Went to see ATR yesterday,IMG_1204.thumb.jpg.c4e6e7f34709959ee504c339d3911286.jpg then went up on the stand to view. 

Running rails are down and over inside the inner track are big diggers digging a drain through live rock. One with a breaker popping and the other scratching out rock as big as an oven.

The pipes lined are 2.4 metres long'

The storm water must go out the South-eastern direction.towards Morrin St everywhere els is higher.

As an apprentice I worked on the Ascot Stand. The Western end of that nudged the raised area called "the Hill' It was there a Vuksich and Borich old Dally opened up a crevice in the rock. Ellerslie Fire Brigade came in withe hoses from 2 fire engines. They hooked up to hydrants and ran for three hours full bore and the water disappeared. Thats where the storm water that drains off the stand went. Down into the basalt. Maybe up?