RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mulebacker

TIme for the Magic Man to head back to the Yaldhurst Tavern and stay there

Tony ironic that Chris won the very next race on Platinum Petals. Your analytical approach to punting is well and good but horse racing is not an exact science. One thing I can guarantee is that in your last 100 bets your selection has finished more seconds than firsts. Am I wrong?

Of course he won the next race that I I dont back  I analyse 400 horses today here in in OZ for 1 Bet or maybe 2 a day. ANd it all goes in the rubbish when Johnson who had clear air on his outside chooses the inner path which was already closing off.  At 55 or so his relexes are no longer up to it . Lots of 2nds but no value in place bets for many reasons. Occasionally I do the Exactas

I do not accept he had clear air. Took the inner route as a horse came within a length and quarter on his outer. Besides the winner made won too well for anyway. Go drown the sorrows at your local.

I had a look too

They drew 1 & 2 I think, read what you will into that

The winner just inserted itself into the hole behind the leader on the turn, simply because it was going better 

CWJ didn’t lose any forward momentum when he switched out after he realized he’d been beaten to that run up the fence, and after the line the winner was far stronger 

Not sure how many Mulebacker has ridden but in this instance I think he’s manifestly wrong and should withdraw what is quite a disparaging and unfair comment 

50 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

I had a look too

The winner just inserted itself into the hole behind the leader on the turn, simply because it was going better 

CWJ didn’t lose any forward momentum when he switched out after he realized he’d been beaten to that run up the fence, and after the line the winner was far stronger 

Not sure how many Mulebacker has ridden but in this instance I think he’s manifestly wrong and should withdraw what is quite a disparaging and unfair comment 

I've had a look too. Twice. Totally agree.

He did lose forward momentum and that is worth more than a length on the line. And of course how dare I criticise a ride by a "famous" jockey. Better cancel my account for hate speech. I have ridden 3 horses in my riding career. From the rank ponies at Dude Ranch to equally nasty animals at a Napier Pony trek. All thoroughly unpleasant beasts the lot of them

While we are criticising jocks how about the poor effort on Behemoth last time. Looked like he knew where to go but the jock had other ideas. Same bird on it tomo so be interesting to see how it pans out. 

NB worked on a farm st Tinui way back doing a lambing beat and did an horse industry skills course which including riding. 

Tauhei is a locality in the Waikato.  When in Christchurch the Yaldhurst is my favourite pub.  Not flash, nor pretentious, just a great N.Z. pub that attracts people who are interesting to chat with.  Add that to reasonably priced food, competent tote operators and beer chilled to the optimum temperature.

Which Wellington pub would Racecafers recommend to me.

Today is a bit sad as my favourite drinking hole in Auckland is closing.  It never had a TAB, but it always attracted interesting people to chat with.  And the proprietor reminds me of Aristotle's famous quote;

"There is a mixture of madness in the most excellent of men."

2 hours ago, Tauhei Notts said:

Tauhei is a locality in the Waikato.  When in Christchurch the Yaldhurst is my favourite pub.  Not flash, nor pretentious, just a great N.Z. pub that attracts people who are interesting to chat with.  Add that to reasonably priced food, competent tote operators and beer chilled to the optimum temperature.

Which Wellington pub would Racecafers recommend to me.

Today is a bit sad as my favourite drinking hole in Auckland is closing.  It never had a TAB, but it always attracted interesting people to chat with.  And the proprietor reminds me of Aristotle's famous quote;

"There is a mixture of madness in the most excellent of men."

I presume I’ll be seeing you today ?

1 hour ago, Memphis3 said:

Yes the place will be missed. I wonder how many people on here have paid it a visit. 

I'm afraid my only visit was when it was in the early hours one morning when it was still a glint in the eye of the proprietor. Hopefully, I can make a visit to the new version up the road.

39 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

I presume I’ll be seeing you today ?

My apologies for today.....I ambled past this morning ,and saw preparations underway for the last dance !

Of course , the two places next door will no doubt carry on the the traditions.

When one door closes , another two will be open !

On 5/19/2022 at 3:03 PM, mulebacker said:

After Screwing up the ride of  Tiratore - who was by  far the best horse on many different measures . Why is he still riding ?he cant see gaps or read races anymore

Think he would prefer the Ascot now.....

I saw the Midget earlier today and he tells me the esteemed "Yaldie" is to be replaced by a huge shopping centre.  The top deck of the public stand at Trentham  = gone.  The top deck of the public stand at Riccarton = gone.  My favourite pub in Chch = nearly gone.  My favourite drinking place in Auckland = gone.

Nostalgia is not what it used to be.

On 5/19/2022 at 3:03 PM, mulebacker said:

After Screwing up the ride of  Tiratore - who was by  far the best horse on many different measures . Why is he still riding ?he cant see gaps or read races anymore

I think your analysis might be the problem here. If you rate CWJ so low as a jockey how did his ride become your one horse to be on that day out of the 400 you analysed? 

On 5/19/2022 at 5:57 PM, poundforpound said:

I had a look too

CWJ rode out to cross the horse drawn one so must of known Chow was going to exploit the rails if he decided to move out, not a ride deserving retirement by any stretch but the difference between winning and losing most likely.Muley has been wrong previously with his comments on Lochlinoch and does tend to post from his pocket.Easy making riding decisions on the couch 

3 hours ago, Idolmite said:

I think your analysis might be the problem here. If you rate CWJ so low as a jockey how did his ride become your one horse to be on that day out of the 400 you analysed? 

Fair point, and good to see you're not abusing Muley here Mitey , you're restraint has been noted

Good grammar - the difference between knowing your shit and you're shit.

Could drive yourself silly worrying about grammar on internet forums.  My pet grammar peeve - "could of", "would of", "should of" - c'mon people we can do better  :)