RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
eljay

Dual Sulky Rides

On 5/13/2022 at 11:24 AM, eljay said:

Has this "marketing" tool been scrapped in the North - to be honest haven't been to Cambridge for a while but they appear to have vanished from Auckland.

Not enough people on course to be worth it LJ……..if the adults don’t go, there ain’t no kids……🙄

On 5/13/2022 at 11:24 AM, eljay said:

Has this "marketing" tool been scrapped in the North - to be honest haven't been to Cambridge for a while but they appear to have vanished from Auckland.

Hardly a game changer , more a gimmick or novelty time filler  !

I can comment as I was probably the latest 'winner' of this event at the ATC.....it was 21 December 2020.

I think there were no corporates to drive the horses so ATC club members were asked.  The ownership synd drew my name out !

I had some trouble finding a Doctor to verify my fitness to drive ...physical and mental ...but I trained hard to be in top condition.

I named my horse Pasta Post....the main opposition was Puma Pants !

My co-driver and coach was Jay Abernethy...the tactics were to lead out behind mobile ,trail ,then use passing lane.

Despite my weight , our horse followed the plan to perfection.....real name was the warhorse Edamfast !

Jay rewarded the horse with a Xmas trip to the South Island.

I have the photos and video to prove it...Such was the interest in the race , not one person asked me for a photo or autograph !

In recent months , staff and services at the ATC have been seriously cut back so I assume this novelty event has been placed on back burner. Until recent weeks we were restricted to 'bubbles' with limited movement .

Did eljay notice this ?

Hello !!!!