RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scooby3051

Wiremu Pinn In Trouble Again.

I see he has been charged again...he can really ride, truly gifted, but you can't keep breaking the rules and not learn from it....it looks like he hit the horse around the head region. Some say the stewards have it in for him but he does not help himself by doing things like this...JMO

Evidence

Following the running of Race 6, a charge of improper use of the whip was brought against Apprentice Rider Mr W Pinn by the Stewards. The Information alleged W Pinn (POSH POROTENE) used his whip in an excessive, unnecessary and improper manner on two occasions just prior to the finish line.

Mr Pinn, assisted by Apprentice Mentor Ms Clapperton, requested an adjournment of the hearing. Ms Clapperton said she had rung Mr Miller to whom Mr Pinn is apprenticed, and he had asked her to seek an adjournment. The charge is of a serious nature and needs to be taken seriously. Mr Miller would need time to look at the incident and speak with Mr Pinn before proceeding.

The Adjudicative Committee took into account the reasons provided and considered it appropriate to grant an adjournment. The hearing will be heard at a mutually convenient date, with the time and place to be advised by the RIB.

Evidence on the head on footage is pretty telling. Maybe if he can’t conduct himself properly he needs to give it away. In this day and age where animal welfare is so much in the spotlight, the game doesn’t need this sort of crap in the headlines

I think that is a bit strong...he needs to managed and if he has a temper get help to learn how to control it...I think as the horse missed the jump it made him look bad..hell it happens to all of us sometimes we want to lash out...but it just depends whether we do or not what the consequences are.

28 minutes ago, Nerula said:

Go to the replay full screen and see if you can tell where he hits PP on the head . I dont see it on the head on

It looks very close to the head but it cuts off before the second hit. It was definitely close to the head...JMO.

11 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

I heard he got suspended again...from today..does anyone know if this is correct.

Updated at 6.30am Thursday 2 June

Suspended Riders:

Ashvin Goindasamy | From close of racing Saturday 4 June to close of racing Saturday 11 June

Darren Danis | From close of racing Wednesday 1 June to close of racing Monday 6 June

Munna Alam | From close of racing Wednesday 1 June to close of racing Monday 6 June

Trudy Thornton | From close of racing Wednesday 1 June to close of racing Wednesday 8 June

Toni Moki | From close of racing Wednesday 25 May to close of racing Friday 17 June

Jonathan Riddell | From close of racing Saturday 4 June to close of racing Monday 6 June

Darryl Bradley | From close of racing Thursday 26 May to close of racing Friday 3 June

Jonathan Riddell | From close of racing Wednesday 25 May to close of racing Thursday 2 June

Kelsey Hannan | From close of racing Saturday 21 May to close of racing Saturday 4 June

51 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

I was told overnight he got 5 months...I hope he can sort out his problems he is a bloody gifted rider...horses just run for him.

This will be sad if this is fact.  I somehow feel the industry needs him and he needs the industry. 

Both the industry and him will be better if they can sort their issues out between each other.

18 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

This will be sad if this is fact.  I somehow feel the industry needs him and he needs the industry. 

Both the industry and him will be better if they can sort their issues out between each other.

Yes that is correct ...but he needs to just follow the rules like everyone else...truly a talented horseman thats for sure.

Yep, a real talent and always follow his rides as I'm sure many do. He could go a long way, or anywhere for that matter. Hopefully he can use the time away to re-charge mentally and physically and  become the best all round rider that we know he can be.

7 hours ago, TurnyTom said:

A little early at 6.30am Miss Jool's, the office hours are 10am to 3pm

Will look later

No change: 

Ashvin Goindasamy | From close of racing Saturday 4 June to close of racing Saturday 11 June

Darren Danis | From close of racing Wednesday 1 June to close of racing Monday 6 June

Munna Alam | From close of racing Wednesday 1 June to close of racing Monday 6 June

Trudy Thornton | From close of racing Wednesday 1 June to close of racing Wednesday 8 June

Toni Moki | From close of racing Wednesday 25 May to close of racing Friday 17 June

Jonathan Riddell | From close of racing Saturday 4 June to close of racing Monday 6 June

Darryl Bradley | From close of racing Thursday 26 May to close of racing Friday 3 June

Jonathan Riddell | From close of racing Wednesday 25 May to close of racing Thursday 2 June

Kelsey Hannan | From close of racing Saturday 21 May to close of racing Saturday 4 June

14 hours ago, chevy86 said:

Any reason why his name still not on Suspended Rider list ?  Cannot be because he has further engagements because Goindasamy and Riddell suspensions were posted after their adjudications.

Probably because NZTR do not know that he is suspended 🤨

- after all they have him listed now for rides at Matamata next Wednesday 

I really hope he can come back after this we need talented people like him in our riding ranks not sitting on the sidelines...wish him well and hope he can take some time to get himself sorted...talented rider one of the best in NZ....and that pool is getting smaller and smaller.

This has nothing to do with Wiremu Pinn’s case, but it actually sickens me to see horses hit with the whip, when they are obviously not going to finish in a dividend bearing position. 
This horrible situation needs to addressed now. 
John Oatham, please take note.