RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
6xes

Kentucky derby - Rich Strike

American horses racing on dirt don't win like that.  Thank you for bringing us the overhead shot.  Please tell me another American group winner who has won like that.  Did you see how much he was spotting the leader 350 metres out?  He was 80 to one at Las Vegas and he was still 80 to one at the top of the straight.

Interesting in gallops when two horses go head to had throughout the race they generally fade out and nobody says anything but in harness racing it's called a speed dual and drivers are generally penalised for not giving their charge every show of winning. All in the interpretation.

The way that Rich Strike WEAVED his way through the field whilst accelerating; I was surprised.  I was hoping to read something on this site evaluating that performance.  I have never ever been a jockey, but to me that effort to get up and win comfortably was something you only see from a very good horse.  And he started from the visitor's draw.  "20" in a 20 horse field.  I would not bet on him, even with stolen money!  Come on, readers.  Tell me I am wrong.  I'm big enough to take criticism. 

I'd be surprised if Rich Strike finishes in the first four in the Preakness Stakes, despite most of the Derby field bypassing the shorter distance, which has ruined the Triple Crown.

It was one of the weakest Derby fields in history, but for the horses' sake, I hope I'm wrong.

9 hours ago, NextPlease said:

I'd be surprised if Rich Strike finishes in the first four in the Preakness Stakes, despite most of the Derby field bypassing the shorter distance, which has ruined the Triple Crown.

It was one of the weakest Derby fields in history, but for the horses' sake, I hope I'm wrong.

The way the race was run it had to be a back marker that won it...the Japanese horse had no chance after running 46 for the first half mile on the pace and Christophe supposed to be one of the best...should have left D Lane on the horse.....the 2nd and 3rd horses were good runs too.