RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scooby3051

Amateur Hour At Riccarton

And the commentator says "but its only the saddle clothes are wrong.Wtf would have been the biggest eff up since they started a race with one horse not loaded.

It surely would have had the punters baffled.Would of at least got NZ racing in the news.

It happened at Rotorua last year, one of Myers runners got through the check but not the other who was following so never made it to parade ring ,and then again at Ellerslie that even I picked up before being turned around at the check so as the numbers being incorrectly saddled in the stall increase so does the likelihood of an error at the check . We are only human 🙄

From the Stewards Report: The start was delayed after ATHENE and KAARERAWAY had arrived behind the barriers wearing the wrong saddle cloth numbers necessitating both runners having to be re-saddled. T Rae (ATHENE & KAARERAWAY) - Admitted a charge of neglect in saddling after her two runners were presented with incorrect saddlecloth numbers. After considering submissions the Adjudicative Committee imposed a fine of $150.

The trainer obviously has some responsibility in getting the right saddle/lead (if required) and saddle cloth on the right horse.

What other checks take place?

Presume the clerk of scales must make sure the jockey weighs out with right number?

Are brands checked against number in the mounting yard?

How did the error get picked up?

18 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

How the hell in this day and age can the debacle of the wrong numbers happen...Mickey Mouse to say the least...heads should roll...but I bet they dont.

When you say heads should roll - are you thinking people sacked ? Or what level of penalty ? And who ?

Not condoning what happened - but it was picked up pre race. Yes penalise the trainer - but am I alone in thinking  it wasn't the end of the world ?

5 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Not the end of the world no but not a good look as far as professionalism goes....it should not happen.

T Rae fined....clark of scales/stipes at plating inspection/stipes at birdcage/stipes at start/stipes in the room/stipes on remote.......genuine question " How many people fined "......looks like only Terri

rk

'Amatuer Hour At Riccarton'

25% of those words are spelt wrong, Scoobs!

I reckon the site proprietor should be docked his Tim Tams for today's Morning Tea!

And, speaking as someone who made it all the way to an airport one day without noticing my polo top was on inside out, I try not to be too harsh on dopey errors!

5 hours ago, Disillusioned said:

'Amatuer Hour At Riccarton'

25% of those words are spelt wrong, Scoobs!

I reckon the site proprietor should be docked his Tim Tams for today's Morning Tea!

And, speaking as someone who made it all the way to an airport one day without noticing my polo top was on inside out, I try not to be too harsh on dopey errors!

...   ...   wrongly

Cheers