RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Maurice Bevin

Ashburton Races

It must be a trend down here in the south, Oamaru was late last week too! I know they had issues but its a disgrace!! Why can they not get there act together and start on time?? Horses coming into the birdcage 3/4 minutes before the race is hopeless!!!

Northern & Central are always mostly on time, maybe 60-90seconds but not 4+minutes!!

C'mon peoples, start on time for a change please!!!

Overpaid RIU not doing their jobs again!

Makes it hard for everyone, punters get less time to see the horses, less TV time, hard for the race callers and not a good look for all involved!

Horses being presented to the birdcage late is not the fault of the starter nor is it their job to educate horses at the barrier. I only saw one race yesterday and yes it started late but the crew did a great job with fractious horses. We all know the industry is going thru tough times be nice to see focus on some positives for a change they are there.

I wouldn't be so concerned when they are the only races going on early on a sunday morning, prob just trying to get a bit of extra turnover,they are not holding anyone else up, when the wall to wall racing starts up then yes they need to go on time.

So what if some races ran abit late, have you ever watched Aussie races, they are always well over time. Your dealing with horses and some not very well educated ones that seem to come from the same people most of the time.

Its abit hard to ran on time when horses are sent to the start on start time, you can't blame the starter for that.

Just to let you know something that you wouldn't know, EVERY race was started on time the week before at Riccarton and Stephaine was the starter and your right Marty, she don't do Oamaru, Peter Kennedy does.

So give her and her staff a break, they do their best with some bad horses, it's easy sitting on the couch watching the clock.

I think the extremely cold, blustery nor wester didn't help, a lot of horses were very fractious in the conditions. At least there aren't as many false starts as at the trots.

You lot obviously don't watch the races from Hong Kong and Singapore they are never on time - often at least 5 minutes over - you are a pack of moaners.

I think the extremely cold, blustery nor wester didn't help, a lot of horses were very fractious in the conditions. At least there aren't as many false starts as at the trots.

You lot obviously don't watch the races from Hong Kong and Singapore they are never on time - often at least 5 minutes over - you are a pack of moaners.

Pam, they don't need to worry in either juristiction as there is not any betting competition in SH terms. They are also too early for NH concerns as well.

I don't know if it is still applicable, but previously the terms of Saturday racing were that if you ran a minute late you missed the opportunity of telecast in Australia. It may still be the case. I am not sure about Sunday racing.

I watched a race yesterday and to me it appeared the ground staff were incompetent. They ran over 3 minutes late trying to load seven horses and they appeared to not be working as a team. Sorry guys.

Winds, late arrivals etc are issues you work around and manage. But to be three miuntes late and there is not vet inspection, no released horses, no re shoeing.......unprofessional!