RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Berri

I hope that someone listens

Saw that there is now a Heads of Agreement entered into between the Waikato racing clubs to amalgamate their resources for a Greenfields development. I have maybe been talking about this for 25 years as we do not have any real championship courses that remove barrier draw bias, limit the potential number of horses that can race in any given race, and develops a training centre that does not limit the way in which we plan our exercise programs in preparation for races. We need something for the future generations, and an income generator should we fall on hard times. 

I watched the 2000 Guineas overnight and this brought it all back to me. Here is a straight mile track (Newmarket has actually got a 2000m chute) and it is a championship course. This is something that the new amalgamation should look at. But everything should be developed in conjunction with a training centre (Newmarket style) which includes housing and retail. But start with this

It's also great that these guys have some media presence and can speak eloquently. Dubawi is some stallion. Space Blues should be secured to stand in NZ. Lusail was the unlucky runner and is probably top class. Have loved his sire Mehmas since I saw him win his first 2 yo race. Not a bad Derby trial from Luxemburg.

2 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

I saw the press release on Love Racing, but didn't see any mention of a greenfields site. Perhaps there is a more extensive press release elsewhere.

No, I didn't either.  The impression I got was that the amalgamation was more in the administrative line.

Very hard to get anyone in government ( central or local ) interested in investing in a project of this nature given the issues confronting racing 

If however it’s privately funded then everything changes 

You could build a village as the Turner brothers ( Sleepyhead ) are doing at Tahuna, near Huntly, and build your racing facilities around that ….very English Berri, in the Wantage / Lambourn / West Ilsley style 

I note the Auckland area has a very progressive model underway ….something the new mayor will definitely be supporting 

Lusail was unlucky???  The only thing about that crab is that I was unlucky enough to back it for a place.  One thing about the Rowley Mile; it is straight and there are no excuses.

BUT, my punting is so bad lately that I backed the Canberra Raiders yesterday and Pulse (-6.5) today.

That puts me in that rare sphere of people who have lost money betting against the Warriors..

5 hours ago, Tauhei Notts said:

Lusail was unlucky???  The only thing about that crab is that I was unlucky enough to back it for a place.  One thing about the Rowley Mile; it is straight and there are no excuses.

BUT, my punting is so bad lately that I backed the Canberra Raiders yesterday and Pulse (-6.5) today.

That puts me in that rare sphere of people who have lost money betting against the Warriors..

I was on LUSAIL at big prices each way and did feel aggrieved he didn't finish fourth (I'd have drawn on that).

Needs new thinking.....buy 1500-2000 ha...create a world class equestrian property with a real estate play. Much like a version of Newmarket/ Lambourne as P4P alluded to. We who have been there know what it could be. Be great if limestone based. There are two opportunities that come to mind. Just need to make partnership between racing and private to pull it off correctly