RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Berri

Emily Upjohn

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

Former poster, "Red Rum" cut his eyeteeth on northern hempishere racing and IMO is the best UK analyst, tipping out more than his share of winners, including 25 to 1, and 40 to 1 winners at Cheltenham. It's a shame he doesn't post anymore. 

Indeed he was 
BerriFruit is on top of it too though

Not sure about old mate Stodge, don’t read his stuff but I note he claims to be numero uno in these matters 

Where do you work up there Stodge ? Give me your short bio champ

6 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Indeed he was 
BerriFruit is on top of it too though

Not sure about old mate Stodge, don’t read his stuff but I note he claims to be numero uno in these matters 

Where do you work up there Stodge ? Give me your short bio champ

Not involved directly in racing though did mark the boards in a bookies during my student days.

Been a racing fan from my youngest days - my great-uncle was a failed bookie and took me to Goodwood when I was six years old and I've been in love with the game ever since.

Live in East London, work in the Home Counties so my "patch" is the likes of Lingfield, Chelmsford, Sandown, Kempton, Plumpton, Ascot, Windsor, Newmarket. I have seen every racecourse bar Ffos Las and been racing on them all bar Cartmel, Aintreee and the aforementioned Ffos Las.

As I tell people, flat racing is business, jump racing is pleasure. 

Married to a Kiwi from Hawkes Bay where her Mum still lives - her Dad passed last year. Her brother and niece live on the SI - Greymouth.

In NZ terms, been to Hastings, Taupo, Hokitika and Omoto - won money at two, lost at two.

10 hours ago, stodge said:

Not involved directly in racing though did mark the boards in a bookies during my student days.

Been a racing fan from my youngest days - my great-uncle was a failed bookie and took me to Goodwood when I was six years old and I've been in love with the game ever since.

Live in East London, work in the Home Counties so my "patch" is the likes of Lingfield, Chelmsford, Sandown, Kempton, Plumpton, Ascot, Windsor, Newmarket. I have seen every racecourse bar Ffos Las and been racing on them all bar Cartmel, Aintreee and the aforementioned Ffos Las.

As I tell people, flat racing is business, jump racing is pleasure. 

Married to a Kiwi from Hawkes Bay where her Mum still lives - her Dad passed last year. Her brother and niece live on the SI - Greymouth.

In NZ terms, been to Hastings, Taupo, Hokitika and Omoto - won money at two, lost at two.

All good

Everyone is allowed an opinion here regardless of what you’ve done, or not done 

Nashwa is also smart but I don't know enough about her to make a call. Her Newbury race where she raced against nothing of much note was impressive. The only observation I'd make is that she seemed to want to drift left a bit which you don't want at Epsom as the camber amplifies this. Smart filly though. I'd like to own her.

Possibly off topic Stodge, but having been a penciller for the bookies, you would have been surprised to be at Hastings on 16th April where the odds posted in the three horse, race two, were $1.80, $3.20 and $15.

Did your great uncle set markets like that?

I note that you have travelled from Hawkes Bay up to Taupo.  Our NZ Transport Agency have reduced the speed limit on that road to 80 kilometres per hour.  People who are not bright enough to get a job at the NZ Transport Agency can be employed to set the odds at our monopolistic TAB.

20 hours ago, poundforpound said:

All good

Everyone is allowed an opinion here regardless of what you’ve done, or not done 

That's hugely generous of you.

Next time you want to start a fight in an empty room, be my guest. My Northern Hemisphere meanderings are always there for your perusal (unless @scooby3051thrown me out)

2 hours ago, stodge said:

Next time you want to start a fight in an empty room, be my guest. My Northern Hemisphere meanderings are always there for your perusal (unless @scooby3051thrown me out)

All good Stodge you have some good info in your meanderings LOL

14 hours ago, stodge said:

No empty room here fella…..II’m just amused, fascinated actually, that you think “you’re the man” and that you’d somehow be of superior racing intellect than BerriFruit 

Just giving an update for interest's sake

https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/enable-talk-silly-but-emily-upjohn-in-taghrooda-class-gosden-on-oaks-fancy/557989

The Derby is coming up shortly. Quite like a bloke called Nations Pride (Teofilo). He's not currently in the Derby but his 7 lengths win in the Newmarket Stakes was pretty impressive. He's a very nice type, quite neat and tight so definitely one for the longer odds. They would have to make a late payment to get in

Thought I'd supply the race for y'all to look at. One thing I was very impressed with....watch Buick change whip from one side to another on a number of occasions seamlessly in order to direct the horse correctly.  This could be his undoing at Epsom but then again Newmarket can be tricky for some horses. The reason why I flagged this outsider is that he has been quietly training in the Epsom environment and apparently is handing the ground like a toff.

https://www.racingtv.com/racecards/newmarket/387579-best-odds-on-the-betfair-exchange-newmarket-stakes-listed-1?sort=price&non-runner_display=false

On 5/24/2022 at 8:10 AM, Berri said:

Just giving an update for interest's sake

https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/enable-talk-silly-but-emily-upjohn-in-taghrooda-class-gosden-on-oaks-fancy/557989

The Derby is coming up shortly. Quite like a bloke called Nations Pride (Teofilo). He's not currently in the Derby but his 7 lengths win in the Newmarket Stakes was pretty impressive. He's a very nice type, quite neat and tight so definitely one for the longer odds. They would have to make a late payment to get in

Update

https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/charlie-appleby-confirms-nations-pride-to-be-supplemented-for-the-cazoo-derby/558722

Is there any technical reason why this type of camera vision cannot be supplied in real time for all runners in a race?

Then anyone could tap into it and "ride with" the jockey of any horse they wish.