RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

Australian Stud Fees

News out from Coolmore that Home Affairs will stand at an opening fee of A$ 122K after he returns from an Ascot foray. Just to put that into some perspective here are some of the other sire fees that have been announced for 2022 breeding season, all are GST inclusive. Many appear to reflect the massive stakes on offer in Australia

Snitzel --220K

So You Think- 93.5K

I Am Invincible--247K

Wriiten Tycoon--165K

Given So You Think leads  I Am Invincible  in Oz Premiership he looks good value

Extreme Choice who is not that fertile,$275000.In looking at fees for unproven new sires they are nothing short of ridiculous but in saying that most studs do deals if one has a good mare. I believe Darley has the best value for world class stallions.         

Just learnt Toranado jumped from $49000 to $88000.They are all the same a few stakes winners and they get greedy. Most big studs adopt the same greedy formula.Guess what they all have mothers and those well bred mares are the catalyst for many of these stallions.

8 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Can leave top class juveniles so up the price goes.

The studs in Aust are not slow at increasing fees if their sires leave a good one.Is he worth more than Snitzel or Fastnet Rock who are proven over all classes of mares.I doubt it but only time will tell.

3 hours ago, Tauhei Notts said:

Can anybody explain why Australian service fees are always quoted inclusive of GST whereas New Zealand stallions' fees are quoted excluding GST.

Marketing, pure and simple was how it was once explained to me

Their is one stud who do it differently Coolmore Australia. Note how Ohoka says Home affairs to stand for $110000. Its actually 110 plus GST of 10%. 

2 hours ago, jeepers said:

Seems NZ Studs are trying to keep up with Aust.Per Incanto $50000 plus GST.So that's $65000 I presume.

Are you using future Labour Party/ Robertson figures? $57.5K by my reckoning but anything possible by next breeding season😆

30 minutes ago, jeepers said:

Another new horse to Kia Ora stud.Captivant

Look who owned him for his 15 starts and 2 wins albeit one was Grp 1Champagne stakes and he did run 2nd to Annamo in Caulfield Guineas. 

Newgate Bloodstock, China Horse Club Racing Pty Ltd, Horse Ventures, Newgate S F, Go Bloodstock Australia, Starlight Racing, Glenlogan Park, Highgrove Stud, Nick Vass Bloodstock, Aston Bloodstock, Grant Bloodstock Pty Ltd, Carpe Diem, G1G Racing & Breeding

Why did none of the above want to stand him?