RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mulebacker

Altenatives to the TAB?

I used to have accounts in NSW on NZ races with the forlorn hope of getting a better divi but all the markets all seemed to synchronised to pay about the same prices for many years now

BetFair never seemed to reach critical mass for nz Gallops  - a shame

Todays Midweek meeting at Hawera -  The Winner of R1 pays $3

The winner of R2 also a MDN pays $2  with a 2nd $2 priced horse  on a field of  9 Runners  -

R3 R65 1200 - Wait for it the Winner pays  .......$2.60

Who could've believed such wondrous divis were possible - punters are really living the dream

Many unknowns and risk in these races and assuming you hit on the winner it pays FA. Certainly not enuf to overcome the risk

Most markets on offer by the TAB makes races UNPLAYABLE-  and yet they want  more people to get into racing and Punt !!!!!

Why does anyone even bother anymore - where say a decade ago you would be getting more like $10 for midweek mdn winner 

So I  understand there is about a 20pct take out  in the win pool. So  for every dollar you bet only 80cents goes into the pool

Secondly -  the markets are framed to at least 120pct so the TAB takes another 20pct here -  So thats nearly 40pct removed already Assuming you have the skill to pick the winner

Any alternative bookies  ?   apart from the only sensible option - just find another sport or  organise your own pools with the chinese 

47 minutes ago, mulebacker said:

So I  understand there is about a 20pct take out  in the win pool. So  for every dollar you bet only 80cents goes into the pool

Secondly -  the markets are framed to at least 120pct so the TAB takes another 20pct here -  So thats nearly 40pct removed already Assuming you have the skill to pick the winner

This is not correct. 

Fixed odds markets are framed at a percentage, TAB can be as high as 135% in early markets and work its way down to 115% before the off.  However they can still have a losing race, if their take on each horse is not inproportion, and it never wlll be.

Tote markets have a % take out.  

Both operate separately, so you don't add one to the other.

I am a massive advocate of the world tote.  

Hawera 27/4/22 - Wed Midweek Results:

The winning Divs for all the Lucky punters

R1 $3.40

R2 $2.20

R3  $2.20

R4 $3.70

R5 $2.70

R6 $3.90

R7 -$2.50  - and 15 runners

So there it is punters - Just back Favs throw your analyses out. Tho you will still lose backing favs for sure

The smart choice  just walk away form the TAB -  give up any illusion that you might find some value in the 80 runners today

There is no Value anymore  and this is a midweek at the Major Metropolitan track of Hawera

What an absolute JOKE

WORLD POOL EXPLAINED

World Pool is a collaboration between the Hong Kong Jockey Club, TDCO Limited and Tpoolco Limited (together trading as “Tote”) and Ascot Racecourse. It enables racegoers to bet into a global pool consisting of over 20 countries, resulting in significantly bigger pools and increasing the total amount that can be won. 

2 hours ago, mulebacker said:

I used to have accounts in NSW on NZ races with the forlorn hope of getting a better divi but all the markets all seemed to synchronised to pay about the same prices for many years now

BetFair never seemed to reach critical mass for nz Gallops  - a shame

Todays Midweek meeting at Hawera -  The Winner of R1 pays $3

The winner of R2 also a MDN pays $2  with a 2nd $2 priced horse  on a field of  9 Runners  -

R3 R65 1200 - Wait for it the Winner pays  .......$2.60

Who could've believed such wondrous divis were possible - punters are really living the dream

Many unknowns and risk in these races and assuming you hit on the winner it pays FA. Certainly not enuf to overcome the risk

Most markets on offer by the TAB makes races UNPLAYABLE-  and yet they want  more people to get into racing and Punt !!!!!

Why does anyone even bother anymore - where say a decade ago you would be getting more like $10 for midweek mdn winner 

Any alternative bookies  ?   apart from the only sensible option - just find another sport or  organise your own pools with the chinese 

Did you see race 2 at Awapuni on Sunday. $2 fav drew one. Jumped last   Got further back. Came ten wide finished 2 lengths last. Hard act to watch  

2 hours ago, mulebacker said:

R1 $3.40

R2 $2.20

R3  $2.20

R4 $3.70

R5 $2.70

R6 $3.90

So there it is punters - Just back Favs throw your analyses out. Tho you will still lose backing favs for sure

The smart choice  just walk away form the TAB -  give up any illusion that you might find some value in the 80 runners today

There is no Value anymore  and this is a midweek at the Major Metropolitan track of Hawera

What an absolute JOKE

I don't think you get it.

I dont bet on horses at these prices that win by a neck or half a length  - In fact I hardly bet on anything these days at the prices on offer

At $2 you want to be winning by several lengths - but there was only 1 like that today

Anyway Keep backing your $2 winners  - Its not for me

3 hours ago, mulebacker said:

R1 $3.40

R2 $2.20

R3  $2.20

R4 $3.70

R5 $2.70

R6 $3.90

What an absolute JOKE

Hawera is a major metropolitan track? And how did you assess that none of the 80 runners represented any betting value?

33 minutes ago, mulebacker said:

I dont bet on horses at these prices that win by a neck or half a length  - In fact I hardly bet on anything these days at the prices on offer

At $2 you want to be winning by several lengths - but there was only 1 like that today

Anyway Keep backing your $2 winners  - Its not for me

At $2 if it wins by a nostril the payout is still $2 as it is if it wins by 4 lengths.

Hawera a major track is sarcasm - On a premier day in big races $2 Favs are not unusual and the horses form is more reliable  not so in timbuktoo - In these races there are many unknowns -  . So you will risk money in a close finish on a horse paying $2 -   Not for me. I bet on 2 horsese at Hawera paying aournd $12 and $20 today - Neither was in the money.- Bruno Magile was one - based  on sectionals and watching his videos and I thought he could handle the bias and going

What do you base your analysis on -to  end up backing Favourite after Favourite 

The game is totally diffeent from  10 years ago re the DIvis - 

On 4/27/2022 at 4:17 PM, shaneMcAlister said:

WORLD POOL EXPLAINED

World Pool is a collaboration between the Hong Kong Jockey Club, TDCO Limited and Tpoolco Limited (together trading as “Tote”) and Ascot Racecourse. It enables racegoers to bet into a global pool consisting of over 20 countries, resulting in significantly bigger pools and increasing the total amount that can be won. 

Are you seriously in support of the Chinese government controlling pools betting around the World? All that data and info....owning all the data in respect of the individuals and their accounts? It's a long play to control the play. Don't get sucked in. There are other alternatives.

I didnt mean the Corrupt Chinese government   I meant all the Chinese in NZ who love gambling and are very superstitious and blow heaps of money on the tote -. They would be great to organise private betting pools with with much better odds than the current state monopoly of the TAB and all the neptotism that goes on in Petone. The Chinese here are probably running their own betting pools anyway

Imagine the communists have now got their hands on Happy valley - what was once a incredibley  clean operation for HK will now be as bent as the Beijing sharemarket or the London Metals Exchange for that matter which they now control

On 4/27/2022 at 9:06 PM, mulebacker said:

Hawera a major track is sarcasm - On a premier day in big races $2 Favs are not unusual and the horses form is more reliable  not so in timbuktoo - In these races there are many unknowns -  . So you will risk money in a close finish on a horse paying $2 -   Not for me. I bet on 2 horsese at Hawera paying aournd $12 and $20 today - Neither was in the money.- Bruno Magile was one - based  on sectionals and watching his videos and I thought he could handle the bias and going

What do you base your analysis on -to  end up backing Favourite after Favourite 

The game is totally diffeent from  10 years ago re the DIvis - 

It’s called the internet, same thing you are using to post nonsense here. Punters are more educated than they were 10 yrs ago, have much greater and easier access to information, standout opportunities at longer odds are spotted in greater numbers. Look across the Tasman where the punter is way more intelligent than NZers, favs salute in bigger numbers than here.

Besides you are looking at 1 meeting in isolation, a venue that has one of the worst bias in NZ. 

On 4/27/2022 at 4:16 PM, mulebacker said:

R1 $3.40

R2 $2.20

R3  $2.20

R4 $3.70

R5 $2.70

R6 $3.90

What an absolute JOKE

I can see you don't back on the trots mule. Those would have been considered massive dividends at Alex Park.