RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
50 win no. 1

Jumps?

1 hour ago, 50 win no. 1 said:

No jumping race at Hawera.

Do anyone know when jumping starts?

Hi  ,

You asked this same question on February 28 and a few people replied giving the information which was out at that time.

The first jumps race was planned for April 27 as you remind us...that race is now allocated as a Jumpers flat.

According to the current planner  on NZTR the first jumps races will now be on May 7 at Te Rapa , while on 21 May at the Rangatikei meeting at Trentham there will be 4 x jumps  races including the premier Manawatu steeples and Hurdles.

I will ' bump ' the previous thread of what was scheduled.

I guess it depends on track suitability and horse nominations.

I haven't noticed many jumps trials at this stage and noted a point for point was recently cancelled !

There's a point to point at Levin following the jumpouts on May 10th. Jumps races are listed in the online calendar on the NZTR site. The Hawera hurdle race was canned for lack of entries. Strangely, the jumpers highweight there is listed in the front of the programme book as 2400, in the raceday programme in the same book as 2200 and now reduced to 2000.

Avondale races ANZAC day used to start with the "Over The Top Hurdles" won in 1969 (I think) by Great Summit owned by Harley Bowler and ridden by Peter Wilson from memory.

Someone will know for sure but I seem to recall Jan 1st, Auckland Cup Day also used to start with the "Cup Day Hurdles". If not then, then the Ellerslie meeting on Melbourne Cup day.

But that was then.......................

10 hours ago, tasman man said:

Hi  ,

You asked this same question on February 28 and a few people replied giving the information which was out at that time.

The first jumps race was planned for April 27 as you remind us...that race is now allocated as a Jumpers flat.

According to the current planner  on NZTR the first jumps races will now be on May 7 at Te Rapa , while on 21 May at the Rangatikei meeting at Trentham there will be 4 x jumps  races including the premier Manawatu steeples and Hurdles.

I will ' bump ' the previous thread of what was scheduled.

I guess it depends on track suitability and horse nominations.

I haven't noticed many jumps trials at this stage and noted a point for point was recently cancelled !

Thanks, hopefully we will see some jumps.

Bit of a worry , maybe it's a struggle, a lot of work goes into developing jumpers.

12 hours ago, tasman man said:

Not exactly. There was a jumpers flat AND an open hurdle programmed.  The hurdle has been deleted but the flat goes ahead.

9 minutes ago, kdt said:

So, have I got this right?  The National meeting in August will be the only days where jumps will be happening in the South Island. 

Correct. 4 jumping races programmed in the SI this season. All during national week.

13 minutes ago, Leggy said:

Correct. 4 jumping races programmed in the SI this season. All during national week.

So it's goodbye to having a jumper racing from a South Island stable unless you are prepared to travel north. Sign of the times I guess but still hard to cop.