RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Baz (NZ)

I've seen it all now!

3 hours ago, NextPlease said:

What were the continual delays at Riverton due to today? I missed the reason.

The first delay was due to Duck Duck Goose rearing up and dislodging the jockey, the Horse may have come down on top the jockey.  The cub had to wait for another Ambulance to come from the hospital which is 30 minutes away*.  Once the Jockey had the transferred to the second Ambulance the 2nd race was able to get under way.  Second delay was due to a power outage oncourse.  The rest of the races were delayed because of this, and the decision was made to abandon the 12th race as it was close to sunset, and it would have been too dark to allow the race to be run safely. *The reason why the Ambulance wasn't able to leave the course as it would have been away for over an hour, as it is a 30 minute drive each way, and the races would have been put on hold for over an hour.  There is a rule in NZ Racing that says that if the Ambulance that is oncourse has to leave, the races are put on hold until it is able to return.   The injured jockey was S Khetoo.

The Riverton Racing Club is run a large group of unpaid enthusiastic volunteers.  I hope the president of the club shouted them all a drink after the 11th race and told them;

Friends; we have had a terrible two days.  Let's make Cup Day on Easter Saturday 2023 an absolutely wonderful day.

1 hour ago, Contentious said:

too close to sunset time! -

wouldn't happen in the UK 😊

It would though I think races can be run up to 30 minutes after the official sunset time. I've been at meetings where the last has gone off in near darkness and that's with no floodlights !!

Sounds like Riverton had similar misfortune to Wincanton a couple of weeks ago when the last race was abandoned following a serious injury sustained by Major Charlie O'Shea in the hunter chase which involved treatment at the fence and transportation by air ambulance to hospital.

Fortunately, the Major's injuries, though serious, have responded well to care and he is making steady progress.

These things do happen and ambulance provision and cover is strictly regulated - I've known meetings delayed through lack of medical cover when a doctor has been called to deal with a medical problem among the spectators which has also required the ambulance and a trip to hospital.

59 minutes ago, Aaron Bidlake said:

They should pay out the field,  I'm sure normally do? 

They did pay you out...then reversed it an hour later.

I know it was a holiday but you'd think TAB would have someone senior working who had bothered to read their own rules?

1 hour ago, arjay said:

Was out all day, come home and start reading the results, find my Quaddie is live on the last race, oh dear how sad, quaddie not run at all.:rcf-sad-11:

Lowest payout with fave was $2300 so bad luck there Arjay…..

30 minutes ago, Patiti said:

Payout should be 2/6/5+/ANY for the quaddie??????????????

Yes.

11.13.8 Abandonments
(a) Where, after the scheduled start time of the first Quaddie Race, any Race
in a Quaddie is abandoned, all Selections on that Race shall be deemed
to be winners and the Dividend Pool will be divided on that basis.

30 minutes ago, Leggy said:

Stranger that it says refund which is contrary to the above payout arrangement in their betting rules!

They talk about scheduled start times there Leggy, did the continual delays ( and therefore start times ) change things…..??
Shouldn’t have, but so many rules hidden away who knows…..🙄

1 hour ago, Eastwood Jaunty said:

Correct leggy, Race 12 was abandoned long before the quaddie started; all bets on squaddie were refunded (this was announced many times on the tv)

How many invested into the pool before the announcement. .?  I’m with Patiti they should of paid out on the live units going into abandoned race, that would be the logical move …surely 🤔