Spikecity

Bring back Lamb

Recommended Posts

Not really, but surely something needs to be done urgently re these standing starts and Donnelly is no better than Lamb. The main problem I see is that the drivers play him. You see them hanging back, waiting for a run up and he lets them go. Half are at a stand still, many are already away and gone and a lot aren't even ready or standing sideways. We had enough of this shit with Lamb. Grow a pair Ricky - you are supposed to be in charge - not the drivers on the charge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Spikecity said:

Not really, but surely something needs to be done urgently re these standing starts and Donnelly is no better than Lamb. The main problem I see is that the drivers play him. You see them hanging back, waiting for a run up and he lets them go. Half are at a stand still, many are already away and gone and a lot aren't even ready or standing sideways. We had enough of this shit with Lamb. Grow a pair Ricky - you are supposed to be in charge - not the drivers on the charge.

The ninth race start was a shambles. It is one of the worst I have seen for a long time, probably since the days of Lamb. I don't think Donnelly is as bad as Lamb, yet, but his standards have slipped. It wasn't a good look on a Premier night. Up the standards please Mr Donnelly.

Apart from that shambles, it was a great night's racing at the best harness track in the Southern Hemisphere. Congratulations, to The Falcon for winning the Country Cup, trained to the minute by G&J Dunn, well driven as usual by the country's most underrated driver, Gerard O'Reilly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep was disappointing to have my quick shot dividend shortened by the late scratchings of three starters, agree with the comments on the falcon, top win aided by a super drive, and a nice divvy as well, two favourites didn't do themselves any favors by their cut throat tactics, but for the falcon to start from the unruly and get to the trail without using up to much gas was the winning of the race.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Shad said:

Yep was disappointing to have my quick shot dividend shortened by the late scratchings of three starters, agree with the comments on the falcon, top win aided by a super drive, and a nice divvy as well, two favourites didn't do themselves any favors by their cut throat tactics, but for the falcon to start from the unruly and get to the trail without using up to much gas was the winning of the race.

Yes well you can thank the starter for that one too - another shambles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Shad said:

Yep was disappointing to have my quick shot dividend shortened by the late scratchings of three starters, agree with the comments on the falcon, top win aided by a super drive, and a nice divvy as well, two favourites didn't do themselves any favors by their cut throat tactics, but for the falcon to start from the unruly and get to the trail without using up to much gas was the winning of the race.

I had the TFA and  that was more than halved. ! Initially paid over 2k . Had Quick Shot in my multi,  but would not have minded if "The Boss" had won for my TFA bet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why isn't the starter fined for incompetency? Yes Lamb was a part of the 40 thieves gang, but surely they should be treated the same as trainers and drivers - all part of the presentation that is called racing. We could also start fining the stipes too I guess for incompetency - no that wouldn't work - most would go home each week with no salary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 2Piper said:

I had the TFA and  that was more than halved. ! Initially paid over 2k . Had Quick Shot in my multi,  but would not have minded if "The Boss" had won for my TFA bet.

Great work on the picking, gutted that it was halved through no fault of your own, maybe the tab need to honour these bets for the sake of customer relations, after all they'd make it up in the long run anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.