RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Spikecity

Bring back Lamb

Not really, but surely something needs to be done urgently re these standing starts and Donnelly is no better than Lamb. The main problem I see is that the drivers play him. You see them hanging back, waiting for a run up and he lets them go. Half are at a stand still, many are already away and gone and a lot aren't even ready or standing sideways. We had enough of this shit with Lamb. Grow a pair Ricky - you are supposed to be in charge - not the drivers on the charge.

8 hours ago, Spikecity said:

Not really, but surely something needs to be done urgently re these standing starts and Donnelly is no better than Lamb. The main problem I see is that the drivers play him. You see them hanging back, waiting for a run up and he lets them go. Half are at a stand still, many are already away and gone and a lot aren't even ready or standing sideways. We had enough of this shit with Lamb. Grow a pair Ricky - you are supposed to be in charge - not the drivers on the charge.

The ninth race start was a shambles. It is one of the worst I have seen for a long time, probably since the days of Lamb. I don't think Donnelly is as bad as Lamb, yet, but his standards have slipped. It wasn't a good look on a Premier night. Up the standards please Mr Donnelly.

Apart from that shambles, it was a great night's racing at the best harness track in the Southern Hemisphere. Congratulations, to The Falcon for winning the Country Cup, trained to the minute by G&J Dunn, well driven as usual by the country's most underrated driver, Gerard O'Reilly.

Yep was disappointing to have my quick shot dividend shortened by the late scratchings of three starters, agree with the comments on the falcon, top win aided by a super drive, and a nice divvy as well, two favourites didn't do themselves any favors by their cut throat tactics, but for the falcon to start from the unruly and get to the trail without using up to much gas was the winning of the race.

5 hours ago, Shad said:

Yep was disappointing to have my quick shot dividend shortened by the late scratchings of three starters, agree with the comments on the falcon, top win aided by a super drive, and a nice divvy as well, two favourites didn't do themselves any favors by their cut throat tactics, but for the falcon to start from the unruly and get to the trail without using up to much gas was the winning of the race.

Yes well you can thank the starter for that one too - another shambles

11 hours ago, Shad said:

I had the TFA and  that was more than halved. ! Initially paid over 2k . Had Quick Shot in my multi,  but would not have minded if "The Boss" had won for my TFA bet.

Why isn't the starter fined for incompetency? Yes Lamb was a part of the 40 thieves gang, but surely they should be treated the same as trainers and drivers - all part of the presentation that is called racing. We could also start fining the stipes too I guess for incompetency - no that wouldn't work - most would go home each week with no salary.

10 hours ago, 2Piper said:

I had the TFA and  that was more than halved. ! Initially paid over 2k . Had Quick Shot in my multi,  but would not have minded if "The Boss" had won for my TFA bet.

Great work on the picking, gutted that it was halved through no fault of your own, maybe the tab need to honour these bets for the sake of customer relations, after all they'd make it up in the long run anyway.