RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
say no more

One Day KO/Survival Comp (16 April) results thread

Randwick - Race 6

# Name Jockey/Driver/Trainer Win Place
1 Kementari Nash Rawiller 4.80 2.20
8 Count De Rupee Brock Ryan   3.10
3 Big Parade Joshua Parr   No Dividend

Still 10 left.  Redrew starting to pull away at the top of the table.

NAME LATEST RACE TOTAL NEXT RACE
Redrew 70 598 1/2
Alan1234 31 466 2/7
Dogstar 31 386 4/7
TurnyTom 0 325 1/2
Kloppite 70 299 1/2
Spikecity 0 280 1/4
Camacho 70 264 4/7
Gruff 31 260 4/8
Cubes 0 207 2/7
Insider 0 149 1/7

Randwick - Race 7

2 Polly Grey Hugh Bowman 4.40 1.60
3 Numerian Tommy Berry   2.60
1 Icebath Kerrin McEvoy   1.40

Two races to go.

Cubes with two free passes to come is guaranteed to survive all 12 races but won't earn any more so needs the 6 above him to drop out.

Redrew with a handy lead, but Alan with a couple of nice priced runners in the next.  

Redrew 74 672 8/10
Alan1234 60 526 5/6
TurnyTom 74 399 1/11
Kloppite 74 373 8/14
Spikecity 14 294 1/14
Gruff 14 274 9/10
Cubes 60 267 f/p
Insider 14 163 1/8

Randwick - Race 8

2 Cascadian James McDonald 12.40 3.30
9 Tofane Mark Zahra   3.50
5 Ellsberg Nash Rawiller   3.00

Worked out perfectly with three of the field making it to the final showdown.   Alan looking to cap off a very good day given his exploits in the Lay comp.

Gruff with a couple of roughies in the last while Alan hoping Ayrton will get him home.   Fun fact - I leased a small share in Ayrton's dam when she was a racehorse - in fact she wasnt much of a racehorse at all :)

Alan1234 30 556 8/9
Gruff 35 309 12/15
Cubes   267 f/p

Final Race

9 Ayrton Jamie Kah 2.30 1.60
1 Streets of Avalon Zac Spain   3.40
18 Excelida Michael Dee   13.60

He's pretty good is Ayrton - just a bit better than his mum.

Congratulations to the two entrants (out of 57) who made it through all 12 races but the trophy/prize goes to man of the moment Alan - well done, kicking butt on all fronts!  Even more meritorious when you consider Alan didn't use a free pass.  

Thanks all for entering - I was worried after the first that it would fizz out early but it worked out perfectly.

NAME LATEST RACE TOTAL
Alan1234 30 595
Cubes   267

4 minutes ago, say no more said:

Final Race

9 Ayrton Jamie Kah 2.30 1.60
1 Streets of Avalon Zac Spain   3.40
18 Excelida Michael Dee   13.60

He's pretty good is Ayrton - just a bit better than his mum.

Congratulations to the two entrants (out of 57) who made it through all 12 races but the trophy/prize goes to man of the moment Alan - well done, kicking butt on all fronts!  Even more meritorious when you consider Alan didn't use a free pass.  

Thanks all for entering - I was worried after the first that it would fizz out early but it worked out perfectly.

NAME LATEST RACE TOTAL
Alan1234 30 595
Cubes   267

Thanks heaps for a great day was awesome fun

Meanwhile from Pete at RP.  Just a little unnecessary?

Stealing comp formats
A little bemused that the genius on Racecafe felt good about stealing a competition format that I thought up on here and is basking in the glow of people telling him what a genius he is for thinking of it.
Those of you who played Last Person Standing on here really enjoyed it so I'm hardly surprised he felt the need to duplicate the concept.
It's kind of like Madonna trying to do American Pie though. You can't touch the original.

I can't see the comp that's he referring to, just a popular banter thread with two posts from the ferryman. Original? Yeah, nobody's ever thought of a knockout comp before now? :)

Ouch - the "genius" bit makes it seem a bit personal.  Not sure where the reference to me basking comes from - can't see any of that here.  And as for stealing formats, not quite right - I ran something very similar to this 3 or 4 years ago - he might even have entered it.  I have played in various sports and racing knockout comps for over 20 years - not a new idea.

Anyway, why don't we just co-exist - they've got the wonderful PJ comps and there are some comps on here that people seem to enjoy - nice.

My old boss used to always say when they are talking about you they are worried about you...its when they stop talking about you that you should be worried...John it was a great idea to run the comp and many thanks for it...everyone loved it...And as always thanks for all you do here...dont let small minded pettiness spoil it. From what I remember Pete and his sidekick Alan (Hesi),left here to set up shop with Doug but they could not get on with him so they picked up their bat and ball and set up their own place with a few members from here there as well...yes it seems maybe they are the difficult ones to get along with??. Lets just focus on what we can control John and not worry about anything other than that. You run great comps here and I guess it gets under their skin unfortunately.

Spot on Scooby.   Funny that all of the taunts (draughts,...) and now spite are originating over there yet John is the one holding a grudge?  🙄

and now the ferryman seems to be laying claim to the Losers comps - wouldn't it be ironic if they used that format over there after stealing formats accusations.

1 hour ago, Kloppite said:

Spot on Scooby.   Funny that all of the taunts (draughts,...) and now spite are originating over there yet John is the one holding a grudge?  🙄

and now the ferryman seems to be laying claim to the Losers comps - wouldn't it be ironic if they used that format over there after stealing formats accusations.

exactly.