RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
eljay

Messenger & Taylor Mile

44 minutes ago, Iraklis said:

and what the hell has SthCoastArden and SelfAssured done to the draws gods 7&8!!! AGAIN!!!

Yes , your boys SCA and SC are on the 'outside' for the second time running. Much trickier over this shorter distance than the Grins RACE as well. 

Your mate Morrie Mac had a win on SelfAssured in Feb , but seems commited to the 'Hot' one drawn the Pole. Surely Marks brother-in -law, champion driver AGH will get the plum drive ?

Tony catch-drove Krug once or twice as well last season, and won the GN Derby with it, so seems a great driver to have available. Knows every inch of the 'Park' too. 

So only two of the "Aussies" stayed? 

At least what appears to be the best of them has, and I hope the connections of Majestic Cruiser are rewarded by at least one good victory. 

Shame "The Messenger" name couldn't have been put on hold really, and the 'open class' replacement race given another name. 

1 hour ago, Iraklis said:

Idolmite mate, I reckon Alta Orlando and Stylish Memphis have earned a cup o tea and a lay down 😁 they both did some hard racin before they got here.....

Ooh ooh I see my fav Trotter the mighty Tempey is in tonight, gooooo Temporale! 

Cheers Iraklis

And Sundee's Son is Not favourite in a trot. wow . Maybe the Mountain will Muscle him out of it at the short trip ??

The Aussie Cruiser ready for the Bruising tonight ? The Janitor likes him . I think racing the Wrong Way round will be too much for him and driver to handle myself. (not used to it)

And that boy Mark is a slippery bugger. 

I'm calling the winner your pick from the race . !!!  SPANKEM to lead and win over the mile , with a great Aussie flavour . QLD Dream-girl Nat steering brilliantly again ? 

Yeh Pure mate, AlexPark can be bit tricky for a horse round there the first time 😄 my hearts with the Coast and Treacherous, my head says Spankem or SelfAssured (has the services of the best in the business the Iceman); don't forget Krug, he has raced here before and boy did he run and last weeks run was pretty dam good for a supposedly tired horse in need of a freshner....

Cheers Iraklis

On 4/20/2022 at 5:43 AM, Iraklis said:

Pure mate, we just might see the Treacherous I've seen, and from that draw MorryMac sittin behind the right horse

Good call Rakman ! with your good draw there from the pole with the 'Hot' boy almost proving Treacherous for Nat  and Spankem.... but not quite . 

handy $60 quinella though. (trifecta at $300 was handy for some too)

The trot trifecta was $9 only lol.  The 'Muscle' getting in ok over 'Sundee' this time round, followed by the 'Iraklis' old mate  Tempie getting in for yet another place. some good racing tonight .

Oh Pure mate, Spankem he's the one to lower Self Assured colours he's tough little customer, Treacherous gawd he tried for Morry 😄 he needs another year runnin with the big bangers he's holdin his own for now.....oh geez did yuh see me fav Tempey he's so bloody honest never gives in whackin til the end, love him......that was the Cruiser's first look at The Park, he'll be better for next time, the Coast and Krug, buggahhhhh.....

Cheers Iraklis

2 hours ago, Iraklis said:

Oh Pure mate, Spankem he's the one to lower Self Assured colours he's tough little customer, Treacherous gawd he tried for Morry 😄 he needs another year runnin with the big bangers he's holdin his own for now.....oh geez did yuh see me fav Tempey he's so bloody honest never gives in whackin til the end, love him......that was the Cruiser's first look at The Park, he'll be better for next time, the Coast and Krug, buggahhhhh.....

Cheers Iraklis

From my view Krug had nothing to do with it - just just cruising along and Mangos misjudged where he was going and hooked his wheel inside Krugs - pretty amateurish driving to my mind - bring back Nat hehe

4 hours ago, Iraklis said:

Cheers Iraklis

Geez mate, I was off the couch urging your favourite Treacherous home. Maurice McKendry great drive! Spankem all class, huge from Self Assured. Majestic Cruiser will keep he went well considering his draw and he was held up by struggling runners and had to be used up three and four wide. He'lll keep, I give you the tip mate.

What has happened to Krug? He was erratic last night, Went poor the week before, OK in Aussie. Is his mind on the job? Perhaps he needs the knackers removed mate?

Awesome to see Dr Luck Chin rein home Jasinova. He's a legend of Alexandera Park. 

1 hour ago, Thejanitor said:

Awesome to see Dr Luck Chin rein home Jasinova. He's a legend of Alexandera Park. 

Especially when one considers Luc is still doing his day job and is a partner developing a new medical hub in Cambridge.

Nah Janitor mate, Mangos on the SthCoast got hooked up with Krug's wheel bit close when passin Krug (both drivers agreed it was just one of those things in racin, no further action to be taken) otherwise they would've both been in it, but yuh right with SelfAssured geez did he finish off WOW 😃 but me Treacherous, oh so close, damnnnn that was good to see....oh yes, LuckC he's a whacker always in there, Anditover too good though so he had to settle for 2nd, he seems to have alot of fun with horses....

Cheers Iraklis

53 minutes ago, Iraklis said:

Nah Janitor mate, Mangos on the SthCoast got hooked up with Krug's wheel bit close when passin Krug (both drivers agreed it was just one of those things in racin, no further action to be taken) otherwise they would've both been in it, but yuh right with SelfAssured geez did he finish off WOW 😃 but me Treacherous, oh so close, damnnnn that was good to see....oh yes, LuckC he's a whacker always in there, Anditover too good though so he had to settle for 2nd, he seems to have alot of fun with horses....

Cheers Iraklis

Krug was already struggling to keep up when that incident happened mate. He looked like he'd lost interest... I think they have to come off. Or go to stud?

Whoar cheez bit harsh Janitor mate 😬 Krug came up and went around them ok, but Cranbourne came round him with SthCoast followin, Krug was travellin pretty well up until then; just as SthCoast went to pass they locked wheels on the corner that's when the issue arose, bloody bugga really they were both lookin good.....dunno that Krug has done enough to go to stud just yet, guess we'll all know more after the Messenger next week....

Cheers Iraklis

1 hour ago, Iraklis said:

Whoar cheez bit harsh Janitor mate 😬 Krug came up and went around them ok, but Cranbourne came round him with SthCoast followin, Krug was travellin pretty well up until then; just as SthCoast went to pass they locked wheels on the corner that's when the issue arose, bloody bugga really they were both lookin good.....dunno that Krug has done enough to go to stud just yet, guess we'll all know more after the Messenger next week....

Cheers Iraklis

No offence mate, but Krug has zero chance in the Messenger unless there is a Roydon Glen type fall like in the Derby. Really the horse is gone. This is not a new thing mate. Look at the GN Derby the horse bolted Ice cool Tony couldn't control him so let him run doing enough to keep him from burning out. Speaking of which did you see the outstanding drive of Sarah O'Reilly on Mablene, similar to Tony, the horse long wait in front and stayed she rated it in perfect for NZ record and plugs not pulled. 

Krug should not start in Messenger it will just break his heart. If I owned him I'd send him to Gamma to train in Queensland. Plenty of good races for him at the carnival there, I give you the tip!

Just my thoughts my old mate...

No I didn't Janitor, I'll go have a look.....geezuz yuh not wrong she's (Mabalene) absolutely brained em, thought they were gunna catch her, then turnin in she had the cheek to sprint in the homestretch 13 1/4 length win, shit that was pretty good watch 😆 

Cheers Iraklis

40 minutes ago, Iraklis said:

No I didn't Janitor, I'll go have a look.....geezuz yuh not wrong she's (Mabalene) absolutely brained em, thought they were gunna catch her, then turnin in she had the cheek to sprint in the homestretch 13 1/4 length win, shit that was pretty good watch 😆 

Cheers Iraklis

Incredible driving from Sarah O'Reilly, she's inherited her dad's front driving skills but she is going to be even better than her dad who is one of the best... Rating her like that in front took a lot of skill from young Sarah. She's the next Natalie Rasmussen I give you the tip, mate.

8 minutes ago, eljay said:

Back to the original thread subject - should the ATC re-name the Messenger for next week - really, we don't want a 7 year old winning this prestigious 4 year old race, surely?

I tend to agree. The Messenger in the USA is a major age group race and one would presume this was in the club's mind when when the NZ version was initiated. The club has changed other long standing race names in the past so see no reason why can't now other than the time factor (assume there is a process to follow - might even be an AGM issue).