RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Pegasus 9

SHOCKING

Shocking indeed, if it’s true 

I’d be just as shocked by the RIB using Steve Symon of Meredith Connell ( Auckland ) to prosecute the case though

This is not murder, it’s animal cruelty, and whilst it’s reprehensible if true, does it really warrant the hugely expensive use of Meredith Connell……in other words is there no limit to the RIBs penchant for spending money the industry doesn’t have ? 
An RIB salaried investigator could have prosecuted this surely 

In such a case what is the protocol for Mr Harris to continue training in the interim. Obviously he is presumed innocent until found guilty, but does concern over care of the horses override that? Just curious.

2 hours ago, Ludwig said:

In such a case what is the protocol for Mr Harris to continue training in the interim. Obviously he is presumed innocent until found guilty, but does concern over care of the horses override that? Just curious.

I’m sure all other horses in his care have been assessed already 

18 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Enough of the nasty digs everyone please...the guy is innocent until proven guilty IF the charges are correct please dont just assume.

There’s only one person being nasty here Scooby….you know who it is…..and one elsewhere….a fairly low achieving rival trainer from Chch ……..you know how to deal with them ( presuming they’re one and the same person ) so do it please 

If it matters my view is that these allegations are sad, and shameful, if they’re true, however, if there’ve been no other horses involved from that stable we should give PH the benefit of the doubt until it’s proved otherwise 

Further to this sad case ….does it concern others here that you have a non racing prosecutor, a non racing JCA panel, and RIB investigators who have no history in racing …..using an RIB contracted veterinarian to effect a prosecution

Once again I reiterate…I’m not supporting PH, nor am I passing judgement…but surely we should have more representation from experienced racing people in what could be a career ending prosecution, if it’s successful of course 

At the very least the investigating body should use someone with expert racing experience to offer a balanced and fair approach shouldn’t they ? otherwise this becomes a bit of a kangaroo court, or to use a parallel, a bit like a Super Rugby judiciary made up of soccer players 

Seems odd though

What’s Harris’ relationship with the lady Rae, where the horse had been spelling ? 
Would Harris have been in effective control of the horse during its spell ?

Are their two properties somehow linked ?

I simply don’t know but the article implies he wasn’t and that the mare was retired to another independent location…..however if he was in control then he should be accountable as clearly there should’ve been earlier veterinary intervention …much earlier 

It does still seem odd though given that animal abusers seldom abuse a single animal, they typically abuse all animals in their care, yet that doesn’t seem to be the case here 

On 4/17/2022 at 11:52 AM, poundforpound said:

Seems odd though

What’s Harris’ relationship with the lady Rae, where the horse had been spelling ? 
Would Harris have been in effective control of the horse during its spell ?

Are their two properties somehow linked ?

I simply don’t know but the article implies he wasn’t and that the mare was retired to another independent location…..however if he was in control then he should be accountable as clearly there should’ve been earlier veterinary intervention …much earlier 

It does still seem odd though given that animal abusers seldom abuse a single animal, they typically abuse all animals in their care, yet that doesn’t seem to be the case here 

Hmmm...trained 3 winners today including  the Riverton Cup. Surely can't be starving them?

1 hour ago, Leggy said:

Hmmm...trained 3 winners today including  the Riverton Cup. Surely can't be starving them?

Exactly what I thought 

Something is rather odd about this case 

As I said earlier, animal abusers typically abuse all animals in their care ….not the occasional one or two