RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Charlie Bukowski

2 nightmares from today

1st ,. Why is there 40 min gaps at Invercargill all day ??

2nd. Why the 25 min gaps at Rangiora Harness ??

3rd. The old chestnut , why can't Rangiora and Invercargill be on the SAME F***N Channel.

4th . At the end of the day , I really don't even mind Manukau on the same channel, it's all NZ Racing for crying out loud .

5th . I just  don't get what I'm missing ..

I thought the same thing. I watched a race from Invercargill and about half an hour later I turned on again because I thought the next race must be due, only to find it was still 10 minutes away. It is a hell of a long day out at the races on a Sunday with 40 minute gaps. Embarassing if you take newcomers to the races and everyone gets totally bored waiting for the next 72 seconds of action.

Never saw any trackside on sunday, but i never stop wondering about some of the programmers,  how they come up with their ideas only they know.

40 min intervals at Ascot Park, gee the time would drag on, strange decisions.

When they do the simulcast audio they must have someone sitting with a remote switching channels, a very poor listen which is why i rarely bother unless there is a specific race i want to hear, why they dont simulcast 1 and 2  on rova  or senz app is another mystery, they are treating people like idiots.

You are never going to please everybody all the time, that's life and by reading comments on these forums you realise that, as for living a miserable life as a above poster wrote, if I spent my life sitting watching horse racing all say it would be.

However in being positive I have to say I dont watch a lot of trackside, I dont really watch that much tv, in reality when I do I think the coverage of nz racing is pretty good, but one cant deny there are some anomalies,  friday night, 2 trot meetings trackside 1, saturday 2 meetings trackside 1, sunday 2 meetings, split channels, what's the difference,? In reality does it matter, seems to for some, maybe the greyhound meetings stuff's things up.

How one came up with 40 minute gaps at Ascot Park, that's over an hour longer to run the days races, that's a odd one.

As for treating people as idiots the audio ,radio coverage is, we've discussed these issues enough, will it change, maybe maybe not, if people accept mediocrity then fine.

I guess we will only know if ZB only broadcast the first half of a rugby test or someone else only broadcast the first 25 overs of a cricket match.be interesting to see the reaction, yet racing folk seem happy to accept 2nd best, fine by me.

The reasons for the 40 min gap at Ascot Park.........

1) Takes at least 30 min to recover from the shock of the form reversal and loss of your hard earned.

2) Missus can bike home and get the corned beef sandwiches

3) Those without a missus need to line  up for a pie and boy are they bloody good down there....... real meat you know.

4) Work yourself through the form for the next , trying to work out whether its on the job or not. Sooooo many slow away and 1/2 the field 3 wide.

On 4/3/2022 at 4:57 PM, Charlie Bukowski said:

1st ,. Why is there 40 min gaps at Invercargill all day ??

2nd. Why the 25 min gaps at Rangiora Harness ??

3rd. The old chestnut , why can't Rangiora and Invercargill be on the SAME F***N Channel.

4th . At the end of the day , I really don't even mind Manukau on the same channel, it's all NZ Racing for crying out loud .

5th . I just  don't get what I'm missing ..

I've  been watching trackside, I don't watch often , other than Ascot Park on 2 the rest is a load of shit, so why not on  1 channel,, NZ racing that is, even the presenter sounds dis interested, 2 presenters for a low key day, and yes those 40 minute intervals at invers again, odd, now that the main race is done I'm done with it.

On 4/4/2022 at 5:43 PM, ivanthegreat said:

The reasons for the 40 min gap at Ascot Park.........

1) Takes at least 30 min to recover from the shock of the form reversal and loss of your hard earned.

2) Missus can bike home and get the corned beef sandwiches

3) Those without a missus need to line  up for a pie and boy are they bloody good down there....... real meat you know.

4) Work yourself through the form for the next , trying to work out whether its on the job or not. Sooooo many slow away and 1/2 the field 3 wide.

Had a wallaby pie at waimate once, certainly put a spring in my step.

Does Trackside show ALL sport - by which I mean, dogs, harness and what you call gallops?

I can see the argument whereby all NZ action is in one place or is it split by type so the dogs (Aussie and Kiwi) are shown together - ditto harness.

Over here, they've tried to stop the overlap of races by having times like 2.42 and 3.18 as most races don't last 5 minutes (long distance jump races being the exception).

In terms of coverage, Racing UK has split its UK and Irish coverage on occasions with a separate Irish presentation on another channel.

Splitting the Australian, Kiwi and International races into separate sections on each channel seems sensible to this observer.

Yep, 40 minute gaps are far too long, some folks lose interest fairly quickly. All things considered Trackside may be trying to squeeze in more and more racing from Aussie.  Why not have the overflow on 2, and at least all NZ racing on 1.

As I stated I dont watch a lot of trackside, but yesty even Mr Rodley even sounded a bit bored by it all, basically because it was, Gilgandra, Sunshine Coast synthetic and Bendigo might be interesting to some and I'm sure it is especially to those who live there but Ascot Park or Ashburton is probably of no interest to those same people, so why not 1 channel, I thought the TAB were trying to cut cost yet have 2 presenters ?

As for flash take no notice of that fucker, maybe he works for the TAB and thinks we all accept average media coverage, and all lead sad lives, takes all sorts I guess.

Just another observation, I only started posting here at the time the TAB made all the changes , staff cuts etc and one thing I've noticed is Justin Evan's seems to have missed more days calling the southern meetings in 2 years than Davey Mac missed in over 40 years, loyalty counted for nothing to some of the fuckers in charge.

Once again on sunday ,Ashburton on one with short gaps and Wingatui on 2 with longer gaps, why not on one channel ? and same gaps, seems the dogs from Manakau fuck things up with shorter gaps, then monday Ascot Park has dogs and harness and all 30 minute gaps on 2,Hastings on one on its own, 2 meetings seem to be the optimum to give decent coverage on one channel,seems easy just to jam any other shit just to fill in time.

Just noted 1 trot and 2 dog meetings in nz today, all on trackside 1.surely they can schedule things better on sundays so all nz stuff on one channel .40 minute gaps seem a long time and thats when they have split coverage.