RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

RIU/JCA

Can you believe this?

A G1 race day at Awapuni and we have 2 Stewards working from home remotely. It states in their report that N Goodwin{head} and M Davidson, were on duty remotely. How could this happen? So i had a look to see if J Oatham was on duty at Avondale, no he was not there either. Surely when you have a Group1 race day the Head Steward in NZ would be in charge. He may have gotten the covid, but with the other 2 working remotely, you would suspect that was the reason for there no appearance live on course, so where was Oatham?? I am sure there must be a valid reason.

The 2nd issue is, the suspension of T Yanagida and S Weatherly. I cannot understand where Yanagida gets 7 days for in my view reckless riding, not careless riding, all but puts Cavallo Veloce on the deck and losses any chance it had and S Weatherley gets 8 days for drifting out making slight contact. They both pleaded guilty and were both fined on top of the suspension. I am aware that when races that hold more status , the fine and suspension will be scaled upwards. I feel for the connections of Cavallo Veloce, as they were completely robbed of any chance, they have to worry about the horses racing confidence in the future, they have to pay for the associated expenses to get him to the races and any post race expenses. Ignore the fact that one was a G1 and the other a Hcp, the treat to horse and or rider, health and safety would be in my opinion of greater concern than the status of a race.